Veterinary Medical Opportunity Program (UC Davis)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IvyLynx

NCSU CVM c/o 2013
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone knew how much an additional document like this affects your application. Has anyone done it? I suppose it would only matter if they wee interested enough to give you an interview.

Do other schools have applications such as this?
Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't do the program myself, but I think there's a fairly good admissions success rate for those who have participated. It's all about getting your name out there....plus, from what I've heard, it's really well structured and the VMTH experience is good!

i did the vmop app. when I applied to ucd...i still got rejected :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it an application or a program? I do remember there being an adversity supplement to their app, but from mtrl1's comments, it sounds like there's a program aspect to it, too?

Is it an application or a program? I do remember there being an adversity supplement to their app, but from mtrl1's comments, it sounds like there's a program aspect to it, too?

from what I knew, it was only an application? i'm interested in knowing more about vmop if it's a program, though.

Pretty sure that VMOP is just a supplemental to the application, so maybe she's talking about the Summer Enrichment Program they have.

As for me, I don't know about the VMOP because I didn't consider filling it out, but it was noted at my post-mortem that because of my goals in vet med I should have done a career diversity essay (which I did - but it didn't make it into my file somehow) so I think the supplemental forms do help some.

thanks for the replies everyone. i thought it was only a supplemental app. couldn't hurt to go ahead and do it i suppose

Pretty sure that VMOP is just a supplemental to the application, so maybe she's talking about the Summer Enrichment Program they have.

As for me, I don't know about the VMOP because I didn't consider filling it out, but it was noted at my post-mortem that because of my goals in vet med I should have done a career diversity essay (which I did - but it didn't make it into my file somehow) so I think the supplemental forms do help some.

I was also in that SEP program... It was a real good program but again, I was rejected..haha..but me and yasmin are working on my app. now..=P