Veterinary Medical School Admissions Book

Started by david594
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Yeah, I found it very helpful too. It's so concise and you don't have to open all those pdf files.
 
Yeah, I found it very helpful too. It's so concise and you don't have to open all those pdf files.

However, you should open the PDFs anyway (I learned the hard way). Last year, Iowa had an early deadline of sorts, where people who had their application in by that date were supposed to be considered for interviews earlier than everyone else. That information did not appear in the VMSAR publication. It only appeared in the PDF posted on the AVMA site. Probably there aren't too many oversights like this, but there are some, so I'd look at both the VMSAR and the PDFs

Also, some of the Kansas requirements weren't totally up to date in VMSAR, either. Like they weren't requiring a biochem lab last year, but VMSAR still had that as a req. So I'd double check the PDFs and/or call the schools if there is uncertainty about whether you need a certain obscure pre-req.