Veterinary School in Taiwan

Started by mpang
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mpang

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, I have been browsing foreign veterinary school and I was wondering about the veterinary program of the National Taiwan University. Personally, I always want to move to Asia and better my Chinese, Taiwan seems like a good place to start but I am seriously concern whether I can practice in Canada afterwards since its program is not accredited by AVMA. Anyone has any idea about NTU's program? Any suggestion? Thanks in advance.
 
Imagine going to vet school and learning all of the already impossible words in your native language that you use every day. It's like another language, right? Just word after word after word. Now, imagine it spoken and written in a language you are not 100% comfortable with... I'm not sure I could handle that. Take it into consideration!

If the school is not AVMA certified, you will need to take both the NAVLE and the PAVE... just like a student that goes to Ross does. I'm not sure the exact rules for Canada, though.
 
I like Taiwan and I bet my parents would like for me to go to Taiwan for vet school, but I'm not really fluent in Mandarin. Unless it's taught in English, then I would take it under consideration as one of my choices for vet school, but it's also not AVMA accredited...