VetPrep vs. Zuku

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. Leen

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm finishing up my third year in vet school and it's about that time to start signing up for some prep courses for the NAVLE. I've heard a little bit about both subscriptions, but I wanted to find out what seem to be the pros and cons from people that have used either one. What prep course did you sign up for? What did you like/not like about it?

I've heard that Zuku tends to have more pictures and have more supplemental material with their questions, which is cool because I'm a visual learner.

What are your thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

I used Vetprep and the free Zuku daily questions. There wasn't any particular reason why, I just went with what the majority of people at my school used. I'd say about 80% of my class used Vetprep and the rest used Zuku. I liked that Vetprep had timed "tests" so that I could practice answering questions with a time crunch (not sure if Zuku also has this feature or not).

Hey everyone,

I'm finishing up my third year in vet school and it's about that time to start signing up for some prep courses for the NAVLE. I've heard a little bit about both subscriptions, but I wanted to find out what seem to be the pros and cons from people that have used either one. What prep course did you sign up for? What did you like/not like about it?

I've heard that Zuku tends to have more pictures and have more supplemental material with their questions, which is cool because I'm a visual learner.

What are your thoughts?
I used VetPrep and my friend used Zuku. Studying together a couple of times I personally liked VetPrep's website and usability better but that was about it as far as differences. Honestly I think either one will do the job and in hindsight I wish I'd picked Zuku (only because it was cheaper).

Side note, do I know you?!

Hey everyone,

What are your thoughts?

Hiya,
I actually used both as I didn't pass the first time (using VetPrep) but I also only completed 30% of the material given. The study material was fairly comprehensive, and straight forward from them. Both are good in that they explain the answers to the questions pretty comprehensively.
Zuku I did like a bit more, the practice questions had better photos, but I didn't like the study sheets as much. They had the same information but it was organized differently with lots of bright section headings that I found distracting. I completed 80% of all the sections and did fabulously on the second time taking the NAVLE... I'm sure you would be able to find an example of each and see which is better for you.
Towards the end of studying though I did exchange passwords with a friend of mine that was using VP so that we can have different questions (as there are repeat questions) which I found was very helpful. She said she preferred those questions to her own after taking the exam (and passing it after only really using VP).

Hope that helps!