Video Lecture Resources??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jg4001

JohnDO
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
What's up guys! I am a first medical student at a DO with self directed studying. I have been using Costanzo for physiology but I honestly HATE reading that book. I am looking for a video lecture series for videos that covers materials to the same depth as costanzo. Not really looking for board review videos but more of like explanations and in depth so I can develop a good understanding before I study for boards. Side note, I also use boards and beyond for when I am reviewing the material a second time around. Let me know if you guys have any recommendations.

Sources: I've Tried and Dont like: Ninja Nerd, Dr. Najeeb, BRS Physiology, Costanzo.

Members don't see this ad.

whaat I love costanzo! have you tried physeo? Costanzo would be my favorite text though. Physeo videos seem a little more in depth than other resources I've looked at.

I have tried Physeo and I love physeo videos but they are not as detailed as Costanzo which is the sad part :(. My goal is to find a video resource with the same kind of details as costanzo. Physeo is more board review and I definitely use it to solidify concepts I don't understand aka (poorly explained in Costanzo lol)

Members don't see this ad :)
I just used B&B and Anking deck. Between that had a very solid understanding of phys.

Reactions: 1 user
Honestly, and this isn't meant to be snarky, if you have enough free time to cover more physiology than is covered in the board review resources, you likely are doing something wrong, because mastering just the board review material should take up a significant part of your time.

Honestly, and this isn't meant to be snarky, if you have enough free time to cover more physiology than is covered in the board review resources, you likely are doing something wrong, because mastering just the board review material should take up a significant part of your time.

I pretty much agree with this. Contrary to faculty/admin belief, board review resources provide you with foundational knowledge in a manner far superior to that of school. I wish I could recommend another lecture series, but I don't know of any other one, except for maybe osmosis? I don't have much experience with it, but I've heard a decent amount of people like it.

Reactions: 2 users

Hey don't worry it didn't come off snarky lol. My school does like a two pass system where in our first year, we have 5-8 weeks to cover anatomy, physiology, embryo, histo and biochem of a specific system. That's why I am looking to build a good foundational understanding. In our second year we go over the path and pharm of the same system.

I do like the B/B review series but I use it as a review series to make sure I am getting all the high yield material. But I was looking for something along with this to build a solid foundation of physiology.

Read thru Costanzo, it's not a breeze but well worth it. Physio is entirely conceptual and you won't get everything by just listening to lectures. You need to struggle with the material.

Reactions: 1 user