Views on rescheduling interviews

Started by Glycerin
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Glycerin

Commercially Unavailable
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Now that I have more than one interview invitation, I may or may not be in a position where trying to reschedule an interview would be in the best interest financially for me. What is the view from the perspective of the residency programs on applicants rescheduling to a time when they'll be in the area already? I don't want to risk them thinking anything negative and I will keep the dates as is if that's the case.
 
Now that I have more than one interview invitation, I may or may not be in a position where trying to reschedule an interview would be in the best interest financially for me. What is the view from the perspective of the residency programs on applicants rescheduling to a time when they'll be in the area already? I don't want to risk them thinking anything negative and I will keep the dates as is if that's the case.

I think most programs are pretty understanding of this.

My advice would be when you first get a few interviews to wait a few days before you accept it so you can coordinate your travel schedule. Most residency programs understand that candidates are traveling from all over and don't need an answer that you want to accept their offer ASAP. Or you can reply "yes i am interested in setting up and interview...i will get back to you shortly."
 
I think most programs are pretty understanding of this.

My advice would be when you first get a few interviews to wait a few days before you accept it so you can coordinate your travel schedule. Most residency programs understand that candidates are traveling from all over and don't need an answer that you want to accept their offer ASAP. Or you can reply "yes i am interested in setting up and interview...i will get back to you shortly."

I also want to add that if you do need to reschedule and interview date you've already accepted to do it ASAP...slots are likely filling up.
 
I think, since plane tickets are so cheap right now, I might just wait to see if I can fill the gap (6 days) with other interviews (hopefully) and then just stay out there the whole time, since all of mine are in the same geographical area.