Virginia DPT 2022-2023 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

preppingforpt

Reaction score
Just wanted to create this thread for the people applying to Virginia schools so we can inform each other of any updates or responses from the schools! I narrowed my applications to Shenandoah, VCU, Lynchburg, Marymount, Murphy Deming, and Radford.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I applied to VCU and am headed down to Richmond Friday for a DPT Student Info Session! I applied about 1.5 weeks ago and got the confirmation email that it was received like 6 days ago. They said they would have their decisions out by the beginning of April at the latest. I would imagine those who apply earlier would hear earlier, but who knows.

Do you mind sharing your stats you applied with?

I applied to VCU and am headed down to Richmond Friday for a DPT Student Info Session! I applied about 1.5 weeks ago and got the confirmation email that it was received like 6 days ago. They said they would have their decisions out by the beginning of April at the latest. I would imagine those who apply earlier would hear earlier, but who knows.

Do you mind sharing your stats you applied with?
How was the information session? I wanted to go but all of them were during the week and I couldn't get off work for that.

As for my stats I have a cGPA 3.68, pGPA 3.8. GRE: 154V, 158Q, 4.5AW. ~2500+ observations hrs mostly outpatient.
I have also gotten just confirmation emails that they are reviewing my application. Its annoying because all of the programs say "early bird gets the worm" but none of them get back to you early.. I'm impatient! lol

Members don't see this ad :)
How was the information session? I wanted to go but all of them were during the week and I couldn't get off work for that.

As for my stats I have a cGPA 3.68, pGPA 3.8. GRE: 154V, 158Q, 4.5AW. ~2500+ observations hrs mostly outpatient.
I have also gotten just confirmation emails that they are reviewing my application. Its annoying because all of the programs say "early bird gets the worm" but none of them get back to you early.. I'm impatient! lol
The session was great! The building was beautiful and brand new. They said we should be hearing back in Novemberish about acceptance or denial. I could not agree more about your early bird gets the worm comment. They don't even start reviewing until October, which seems unfair to students who apply early.

The session was great! The building was beautiful and brand new. They said we should be hearing back in Novemberish about acceptance or denial. I could not agree more about your early bird gets the worm comment. They don't even start reviewing until October, which seems unfair to students who apply early.
Congratulations.

There isn't an incentive to PT programs to approve anyone early because the ACAPT Traffic Rules prevent requiring an admissions deposit until January 15 (unless it's a winter term start). It may not seem fair to you, but extending offers without requiring an enrollment deposit to confirm a commitment would result in an illusion that the class may be filled.

Congratulations.

There isn't an incentive to PT programs to approve anyone early because the ACAPT Traffic Rules prevent requiring an admissions deposit until January 15 (unless it's a winter term start). It may not seem fair to you, but extending offers without requiring an enrollment deposit to confirm a commitment would result in an illusion that the class may be filled.
I was just accepted into a dpt program for the 2023 cycle. No deposit required till January. While there may not be a strong incentive for them, it sure as hell has lifted a great deal of stress off my back

Reactions: 1 users
Got my first acceptance from Murphy Deming!!! So excited!

I just heard back that I have an interview at Shenandoah University on November 12th. Let me know if anyone hears anything and good luck!

I just heard back that I have an interview at Shenandoah University on November 12th. Let me know if anyone hears anything and good luck!
They are one of the only schools I haven’t heard from ): good luck on your interview !

Has anyone applied to Hampton and know whether we have to snail mail the signature page that comes at the end of the graduate application? I've tried to contact the PT office and admissions through both phone and email and haven't gotten a straight answer.

Has anyone heard back from Radford? I know in their email it said we'd know by Nov. 1st but wanted to see if anyone had heard anything?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone applied to Hampton and know whether we have to snail mail the signature page that comes at the end of the graduate application? I've tried to contact the PT office and admissions through both phone and email and haven't gotten a straight answer.
Do you know if we have to send the 150 character explanation of why we want to study PT as well?

Do you know if we have to send the 150 character explanation of why we want to study PT as well?
I did not send a separate personal statement since they had this message on the graduate admissions page:

“ATTENTION DOCTOR OF PHYSICAL THERAPY APPLICANTS: In addition to your PTCAS application the Graduate College requires the following; 1) $50 application fee, 2) Online Graduate College application, and 3) Signature page. The remaining applicable documents above are already included in the PTCAS application and do not need to be resent”

I received an offer to interview this past Thursday via email, for November 10th or 11th (applicant can choose). However I am out of state and by Friday morning the slots for the 11th were filled. I am out of state so I am likely forfeiting my spot. Good luck! I am sure more offers will go out this week.

Does anyone know when VCU/ODU makes decisions? I video interviewed at VCU a few weeks back and ODU doesn't do interviews. Nothing on either website says anything about decision dates. Thanks!

Has anyone heard from Lynchburg? I applied late (October 14th) but am wondering how long it usually takes to hear back.

I just got into VCU!!!

Did anyone else hear from them today?

Is anyone interviewing with Marymount this weekend for their interview day?

Nervous as always lol oddly enough I wish it was in person i feel like it’s more nerve wracking through the computer.
Yea doing it online is so nerve racking! Do you think the group part is an interview too or just like a Q&A?

Yea doing it online is so nerve racking! Do you think the group part is an interview too or just like a Q&A?
I have no clue! I know some schools will sometime use the students to help pick people out but I’m not sure if that’s the case in this situation.

For those who did their Marymount interview yesterday, do u know when we will hear back?

For those who did their Marymount interview yesterday, do u know when we will hear back?
They said around the first week of December possibly by the 2nd I believe. It was in the video that explained what to expect after your interview.

Last edited:
Just got an acceptance from Hampton University!

Has anyone heard from Shenandoah after interviews?
Yes, I heard from them Friday with an acceptance to the SPL campus! I heard they will be sending out acceptances for the next couple weeks.

Last edited:
Has anyone heard from Radford about being accepted? I know they said they'd email last wednesday but when do they email about being waitlisted or denied?

Has anyone heard anything from ODU or VCU? Ik its still going to be a while but was just curious.

Has anyone heard anything from ODU or VCU? Ik its still going to be a while but was just curious.
I haven't but someone further up said they got an acceptance email mid November. When are we suppose to hear, early December? Are you in state or out of state?

Just got a interview for Shenandoah. Does anyone have any tips on what they might ask?

Just got an interview for Shenandoah. Does anyone have any tips on what they might ask?
When did you get the invite? I’m kind of losing hope since the interview is next week and still haven’t heard anything.

When did you get the invite? I’m kind of losing hope since the interview is next week and still haven’t heard anything.
Don’t lose hope! I got an invitation today. I thought I wouldn’t be hearing back from them.