viscosity questions

Started by wise146
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

wise146

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Where is blood viscosity highest?

aorta
vena cava
vasa recta
pulm. vein
pulm artery
 
wise146 said:
Where is blood viscosity highest?

aorta
vena cava
vasa recta
pulm. vein
pulm artery

correct me if I am wrong:
as the diameter of a tube dicreases, visosity increases:
so Answer is : Vasa Recta
 
Prosthoman said:
correct me if I am wrong:
as the diameter of a tube dicreases, visosity increases:
so Answer is : Vasa Recta
I'm thinking this too: In the vasa recta, quite a bit of fluid has been filtered out, with protein remaining in the blood. High protein and low fluid leads to high viscosity.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
As to me, viscosity is a property of fluid itself and shouldn't have any dependancy on vessel's diameter.
Various fluids will only react differently in different diameters...
But still not sure about the answer 🙄
I will repost it in NBDEAnswers and see what those guys think!