Alvarez13

PGEEE2 mediates FEEEVER
10+ Year Member
May 29, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Just bought this for my galaxy nexus for $10 and am loving it. I find myself cruising through my Step I Anatomy material so much faster having good spatial orientations of muscles, nerves, bones, etc. Obturator Internus is a muscle that has always pissed me off for some reason and I can see it so clearly on here. Being a former engineer, I did a lot of CAD/Solidworks stuff, so having a model of the human body that I can spin around in 3D and +/- items is awesome. I know it's not Netter detail, but I probably won't need that for Step 1 or on wards.

I think this program has been mentioned, but I think the app is new. It's extremely smooth on my phone and I could see showing this to patients next when when explaining where your heart/lungs are located, knee surgery, etc.

Anyways, might help you get through anatomy faster (GT and FA don't have good enough pictures).

http://www.amazon.com/Visible-Body-...1?s=mobile-apps&ie=UTF8&qid=1334979818&sr=1-1

Bernoull

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 24, 2007
Ischioanal fossa
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Just bought this for my galaxy nexus for $10 and am loving it. I find myself cruising through my Step I Anatomy material so much faster having good spatial orientations of muscles, nerves, bones, etc. Obturator Internus is a muscle that has always pissed me off for some reason and I can see it so clearly on here. Being a former engineer, I did a lot of CAD/Solidworks stuff, so having a model of the human body that I can spin around in 3D and +/- items is awesome. I know it's not Netter detail, but I probably won't need that for Step 1 or on wards.

I think this program has been mentioned, but I think the app is new. It's extremely smooth on my phone and I could see showing this to patients next when when explaining where your heart/lungs are located, knee surgery, etc.

Anyways, might help you get through anatomy faster (GT and FA don't have good enough pictures).

http://www.amazon.com/Visible-Body-...1?s=mobile-apps&ie=UTF8&qid=1334979818&sr=1-1

Thx for sharing!

How does it compare to google body?

I also have an android tablet (transformer) so it's good to show android apps some love for the android minority on sdn! Former engineer here too, so I hear you on CAD/solidworks/finite element analysis etc..

Ronin786

10+ Year Member
Mar 27, 2011
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
I'll have to check this out. Netter's anatomy is a great one as well.

Also Ackland's videos are outstanding, but they're lengthy and the guy talks unbelievably slow. They're great for school but definitely not for board review.

LaCasta

10+ Year Member
May 21, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Any good anatomy apps for the iPad? I found a couple but its only musculoskeletal. It would be nice if there was something with blood vessels, and nerves and everything.

About the Ads

Alvarez13

PGEEE2 mediates FEEEVER
10+ Year Member
May 29, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.