Vision while using the computer Question/Issue

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

university1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Hope all is well! I just went to my university's eye center (Doctor) today and had an eye exam. I went there because my eyes were feeling strained and uncomfortable while using the computer for work/study. After the eye exam my eyes were determined to be working fine and I was recommended to buy some OTC reading glasses (1.0).

I got the glasses, and they seem to not help as I need to be very close to the computer screen in order to read w/ reading glasses. I don't get it.

What do professionals usually do/recommend to handle this? Was I given the wrong care for this? Are there glasses that are specifically for computer use and are very effective? Or is this one of those things that not much can be done about?

Thanks so much ...I hear this issue is becoming more prevalent!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

Hope all is well! I just went to my university's eye center (Doctor) today and had an eye exam. I went there because my eyes were feeling strained and uncomfortable while using the computer for work/study. After the eye exam my eyes were determined to be working fine and I was recommended to buy some OTC reading glasses (1.0).

I got the glasses, and they seem to not help as I need to be very close to the computer screen in order to read w/ reading glasses. I don't get it.

What do professionals usually do/recommend to handle this? Was I given the wrong care for this? Are there glasses that are specifically for computer use and are very effective? Or is this one of those things that not much can be done about?

Thanks so much ...I hear this issue is becoming more prevalent!

I'm going to close this thread because it's asking for medical advice so the recommendation I would make is for you to go back to your eye doctor.

I will say however that in general, OTC readers, even of the +1.00 variety are too strong for the problem that you're talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.