Visual learners - pictures, drawings, videos etc.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

_Rod_of_Asclepius_

Reaction score
Hey everyone I know this is going to be a topic very different than all the recent USMLE P/F stuff but I'm hoping I can get some advice. I'm in my 2nd semester of medical school and while I have not been doing horrible (3rd quartile out of 4) I still struggle and see there is a ton of room for improvement. I have noticed that I learn best by watching videos or seeing pictures of what we are talking about in class vs reading about it. I cannot read a paragraph or two about a new topic and formulate it in my mind, it simply will not stick. Yet if I see a picture or watch a live animation video of it it sticks so much better. Once I get that part down, then I can read about it and tighten it up with more details.

If there is anyone out there that is like this, what resources would you specifically recommend or other study tips in addition to this.

Thanks!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Sounds like sketchy, pathoma and boards and beyond are the way for you.

Reactions: 1 users
Sketchy is king. Even my friends who arent visual learners love sketchy. I think I would've failed microbio without it.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Sketchy is king. Even my friends who arent visual learners love sketchy. I think I would've failed microbio without it.

I’d go so far as to say it helps a lot for Step 2 as well. A lot of details become less relevant, I’m having a blast organizing all the pathologies with it.

Reactions: 1 user
Try creating your own sketchy images and markers for certain words. Add things in that your professor includes into Sketchy images. I make my own stories up. Found this very helpful

Reactions: 1 users