vitals...cutting corners?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jonnylingo

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Trying to speed up the rooming process for MAs/nurse.

Vitals typically include: BP, HR, RR, weight, height, and temp (if doing injection)

Thinking about cutting out the BP and HR to speed process.

Per policy at my clinic, I can choose which 3 vitals are relevant to the encounter.

First off, any medicolegal ramification to cutting the BP and HR, and getting only height, weight, RR and temp (if injection)?

Second, in your opinion, is it bad medicine not to check and comment on BP at every encounter?

Members don't see this ad.

Trying to speed up the rooming process for MAs/nurse.

Vitals typically include: BP, HR, RR, weight, height, and temp (if doing injection)

Thinking about cutting out the BP and HR to speed process.

Per policy at my clinic, I can choose which 3 vitals are relevant to the encounter.

First off, any medicolegal ramification to cutting the BP and HR, and getting only height, weight, RR and temp (if injection)?

Second, in your opinion, is it bad medicine not to check and comment on BP at every encounter?

Must check bp and hr before injections. Not necessarily at clinic visits

Members don't see this ad :)
meaningful use wants at least 3 vitals I think

Any other thoughts on this?

Is weight something you measure at each encounter? I'm trying to tighten up the intake process. Likely will only weigh at initial encounter

Must have RR for baseline, in case it changes during the course of the injection