vmcas server down?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lechatton

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone else?

the website doesn't even LOAD.

AH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
please let me apply to vet school!

Members don't see this ad.

aaugh..i feel your pain...i need to apply, too! uGH...

okay, so it's not just me, other people can't get to the site.
LOVELY!
i know this is not the first thread like this, and it probably won't be the last :p

Members don't see this ad :)
i hate vmcas...i dont understand why they cant get their crap together! the tufts online service never does this, so why must vmcas!!?? i even called, and some guy told me that it is showing the website is up & running. he didnt believe me when i said i couldnt load the page. :mad:

When I called earlier the lady just said I should check every half hour or so. Still hasn't been up for most of the day though. :(

it is back up now....but who knows for how long!

Won't let me on tonight at all either....

i spoke too soon. it let me on for about 2 minutes. :thumbdown:

Apparently the host for the VMCAS site has been experiencing many technical difficulties with their servers. Put this on top of hundreds of people applying all at once and this is what happens. Good luck with it. The best time to work on it without problems will probably be late night/early morning.

As an FYI I got up at 6AM EST and did my last check before pressing submit (which was all I really wanted to do last night...) and the server worked fine. Getting up at ridiculous times when everyone is likely not flooding the server is your best bet.

VMCAS needs to get their s**t together. They know a ton of people apply, and they are making money off of this, no?

Oh well.

Its 3 days until the due date and all the last minute people are trying to get online and do their applications. VMCAS just doesnt have the server capacity to handle that kind of load which is why they say to submit 2 weeks early.

After repeated attempts I was finally able to submit my application... whew!
It is much easier to get on after midnight..God luck!

anyone else?

the website doesn't even LOAD.

AH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
please let me apply to vet school!

I am having the exact same problem. Have been trying for 2 days. The link opened and was working fine for me a few weeks ago when I clicked on it. Will this connection problem continue throughout the whole application period? This is really disappointing.

I am having the exact same problem. Have been trying for 2 days. The link opened and was working fine for me a few weeks ago when I clicked on it. Will this connection problem continue throughout the whole application period? This is really disappointing.

This post is from 2007. Just so you're aware ;)

Reactions: 1 user