Vmrcm c/o 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
They said we would receive an email this Friday, right? Ahhhh so nerve-wracking!

Tell me about it.

Definitely not as confident in that interview(s... lol) as I was for my others. And stuck on spring break with no distractions? Horrible. ;)

Members don't see this ad.

They said we would receive an email this Friday, right? Ahhhh so nerve-wracking!

Really, this Friday:eek: I thought it would be a couple of weeks but I guess the sooner the better.

Tell me about it.

Definitely not as confident in that interview(s... lol) as I was for my others. And stuck on spring break with no distractions? Horrible. ;)

Really, this Friday:eek: I thought it would be a couple of weeks but I guess the sooner the better.

Ahh I know! They said we should hopefully even get an email by Wednesday. I heard that they would be mailing the letters by Friday at the latest, but we're supposed to get an email before that. So nerve racking. I think it's both a curse and a blessing to be on spring break right now. I'm glad I'll find out while I'm home. It would be rough to get bad news and have to go to class the next day! But, it would also be great to get good news and get to celebrate with my friends and family at home who would be most excited for me. I'll just keep praying and keep my fingers crossed. Goodluck everybody!!! Just a few more days. :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
Does VMRC deny people after the interview? The woman made it seem that you either are accepted, or you are wait listed.

Does VMRC deny people after the interview? The woman made it seem that you either are accepted, or you are wait listed.

She told us very few (1-2) people are rejected right away but everyone else is wait listed if you don't get accepted right away. I looked through last years thread and they got their acceptances the Wed after the interview!

Did anyone else think that VMRCVM did a poor job showing off their school and program? The tour I got was led by a girl who wasn't very smiley, not really outgoing, and didn't seem excited about the school, and there was hardly a peep out of anybody about why we should go to their school. I just felt like they weren't advertising their school to me. Interviews are not just a chance for students to be tested by the school, but are (more importantly) a chance for the prospective students to decide if they want to go there. Every other school I have visited gave a more comprehensive tour, had informational sessions or outgoing students to speak with, and really got you excited about going there. I was very disappointed. However, the bus driver was awesome!

If you didn't get all that you wanted from the tour (I agree, there is much more that the school offers that they didn't showcase), I would highly recommend going to the open house at the end of March if you can. I went to this a couple years ago and it was fantastic. You see so much more of the vet school and they have current vet students there that can answer your questions. Some of the labs are even open so you get a bit more realistic view of what goes on. Good luck!

If you didn't get all that you wanted from the tour (I agree, there is much more that the school offers that they didn't showcase), I would highly recommend going to the open house at the end of March if you can. I went to this a couple years ago and it was fantastic. You see so much more of the vet school and they have current vet students there that can answer your questions. Some of the labs are even open so you get a bit more realistic view of what goes on. Good luck!

Thankfully, I went to the open house last April, so I have seen the school and its programs. I'm just really sorry for those out-of-staters possibly on my tour that probably didn't get a very good feel for the school.

bahhhhh i am getting so anxious. :scared:

I have a Biochem exam at 7:45AM tomorrow AND have to worry about this too....stomach is in knots.

I have a Biochem exam at 7:45AM tomorrow AND have to worry about this too....stomach is in knots.
I am so anxious too!! I am going crazy waiting even though I KNOW it'll be so soon.

Has anyone checked their status on their application page? My friend OOS that interviewed on Friday told me that hers has changed to "decision made," but mine still says "under review..." I'm an IS applicant and interviewed on Saturday.....not sure which one of us if either should be nervous or worried! I want to go to VT so badly!

I am so anxious too!! I am going crazy waiting even though I KNOW it'll be so soon.

Has anyone checked their status on their application page? My friend OOS that interviewed on Friday told me that hers has changed to "decision made," but mine still says "under review..." I'm an IS applicant and interviewed on Saturday.....not sure which one of us if either should be nervous or worried! I want to go to VT so badly!

I think this has to do with the decision regarding interviews...my status changed to decision made after I was offered an interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think this has to do with the decision regarding interviews...my status changed to decision made after I was offered an interview.

Oh really? That's interesting...mine never changed, and I was offered an interview when they originally sent them out. Hopefully it's nothing to worry about! I'm overanalyzing EVERYTHING at this point!

Just wait. They won't even send us emails by the end of the week since we are all expecting something today. #freakingout

Just wait. They won't even send us emails by the end of the week since we are all expecting something today. #freakingout

It's a good thing I didn't write down that woman's email address... otherwise I might consider emailing her to ask when we'd hear and other, more anxiety-induced worry-related questions...

did she really tell some groups they'd hear today? she told group 5 that we'd hear friday...

:confused:

Wait.. I thought the interview packet said we would hear back in the middle of March?

Wait.. I thought the interview packet said we would hear back in the middle of March?

The e-mails?

I dunno, but Dr. Pelzer (I think that was her name?) told my group (3) we'd hear back by Friday. I know the first year they did MMIs interviewees heard by the Monday after, and last year they aimed for that same time but there was a glitch in their system that delayed them by a week...

Also I've never heard of them rejecting anyone outright after interviews. As far as I know it's only ever been acceptance and alternates. But I suppose if that were to happen, people wouldn't exactly be bragging about it, soo....

Augh maaan. I'm shakiiiing! Haha.

Dr. Pelzer told group 6 Friday at the latest (but implied that it might be today), and that's when letters will be sent out. The minimum turnaround time is "supposed to be" around 48 hours but I guess they're either taking their time or maybe having technical difficulties like last year... :scared:
Also, I don't think they change the online statuses anymore after sending out interview offers and they do send out a lot more alternate notifications than rejections.

I usually just lurk on SDN rather than posting but I was an alternate at VMRCVM last year, so I got the answers to most of the frantic stress-induced questions then lol! Hope this helps.
I have a feeling we should hear something SOON! :xf:

Weeell it's after 5 so I guess we can assume their office is closed for the day. Anyone get an e-mail or does the waiting game continue? ;)

Weeell it's after 5 so I guess we can assume their office is closed for the day. Anyone get an e-mail or does the waiting game continue? ;)

Nope, no email, I guess I can exhale for today and resume waiting tomorrow.

Ahhhh my good friend the waiting game, back to chat for a bit longer =P

i feel quite ridiculous. i've been getting irrationally angry every time i've gotten an email in the past two days. today, i had to send two pictures from my iphone and i forgot that it sends copies to your inbox by default... i think i got angry at myself. :cool:
:confused::scared:

Lol. It's gotten to the point where my heart skips a beat now when /this thread/ has a response. That doesn't make ANY sense at all.

Ohhhh pre-vet culture, how you have ruined us. <3

iPhone vibrates once signifying I have an email....stomach drops until I find out it's not from VMRCVM. :scared:

I've literally never checked my email so obsessively and so frequently in my entire life. This is awful! I feel like each hour is agonizing haha

I wish the dean had given us a phone number instead of an email - I feel like you can usually call and not be required to identify yourself when you ask your question (clearly I have mild communication issues)

auhgeauihgaighaeuighaeuig has anyone been brave enough to call/email? :scared:

I wish the dean had given us a phone number instead of an email - I feel like you can usually call and not be required to identify yourself when you ask your question (clearly I have mild communication issues)

auhgeauihgaighaeuighaeuig has anyone been brave enough to call/email? :scared:

Not yet... I have a friend in the admissions office, but he's off for break... augh. Plus it's still Thursday, they gave us Friday by the latest. If there's nothing in my inbox by 4:30pm tomorrow I'll give 'em a ring.

Im soo nervous... is there a way you can get the threads to your phone that way I know if anyone got theirs right away?

Good luck to everyone waiting for VMRCVM!!! :luck:

Starting to lose it a tad. I keep freaking out every time I leave my computer/some where I can check my email. I don't have internet on my phone so it makes me nervous thinking that the email could come when I'm away from it...

Hi everyone. I've been a lurker for a couple of weeks, ever since I found out about SDN. I just wanted to thank y'all for all the info and posts. I am also waiting to hear from VMRCVM- knowing there are other people waiting and driving their friends/family crazy makes this whole process more bearable. I really hope we all get good news soon!!!:)

Hey CHW, welcome to our antsy thread, hahaha.

-hyperventilates- I swear if 5pm rolls around and I've got nothin.... then... I'm just gonna have to suck it up and continue to wait because really I'm powerless -shakes empty threat fist-

Hahaha-I feel the exact same way. And here it is 5pm-we live to wait another day....

-shakes empty threat fist harder-

If I thought it was hard to peel myself away from the laptop today, tomorrow's gonna be even worse....

sooo sorry to bump the thread this morning. no news yet here but just wanted to be whiney and say that I REALLY hope they don't wait until late afternoon to notify us!!

good luck today!

Yes I know! We are all already anxiously waiting by the computer. Good luck everyone!!

-builds a waiting fort and settles in- =)

-builds a waiting fort and settles in- =)

^ hahah my life exactly. I'm writing a lab report, refreshing my email, and snuggled up next to my parent's poodle and my cairn terrier for support :)

^ hahah my life exactly. I'm writing a lab report, refreshing my email, and snuggled up next to my parent's poodle and my cairn terrier for support :)

Haha nice. I refused to bring any school work with me on spring break this year (didn't even need to :thumbup: ), so i've got my sister's copy of Sim 3 Pets. Ahaha... Puppies everywhere <3

This must be what my dog feels like when I leave her at home for too long.

If this is what the dog feels like, I'm never leaving her home alone again! I can barely stand it!!

okay it's THREE pm.
SERIOUSLY?
what the ...efffffff? this is really, really frustrating... come onnnnnnn VAtech....

and again, sorry to bump the thread. really sorry. just... can't. handle. this. stress.
i don't even have any nails left to bite. grahhhhhhh. and this doesn't bode well for my experiments today, because i've been jumping every time i hear the iphone email bell.
they should know they're keeping me from doing good science. and that's just not cool.

I am feeling the same way. I have alerts go to my email from this forum and your post made my heart jump to my throat. Lol. I'm sure everyone is freaking a little bit from the wait.

I'm usually not one to get all that nervous, but this is killing me. I'm assuming they're probably waiting until close to 5pm so that they don't have to field a whole bunch of phone calls...but who knows!