Void 01/19 Exam?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

canijust

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

So my exam is in two days and I feel very unprepared. I'm mostly worried about CARS, because my scores are on the drop. On AAMC FL1, I got a 129 on CARS. Then, I got between 125 - 127 on FL2, Sample Test, and FL3 (FL3 has the lowest). Overall, I've been getting between 508 - 513, with 508 being the latest FL. Now I'm doing the EK passages and AAMC CARS pack, and I'm getting like 20 questions out of 53 wrong... My biggest problems in CARS are that I don't get the whole picture of a passage or I tend to overthink on the questions. So should I void the exam? I can't even tell if I did well after an FL until I see the score.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi all,

So my exam is in two days and I feel very unprepared. I'm mostly worried about CARS, because my scores are on the drop. On AAMC FL1, I got a 129 on CARS. Then, I got between 125 - 127 on FL2, Sample Test, and FL3 (FL3 has the lowest). Overall, I've been getting between 508 - 513, with 508 being the latest FL. Now I'm doing the EK passages and AAMC CARS pack, and I'm getting like 20 questions out of 53 wrong... My biggest problems in CARS are that I don't get the whole picture of a passage or I tend to overthink on the questions. So should I void the exam? I can't even tell if I did well after an FL until I see the score.

Thanks!

If you don’t feel ready void!

Well, you did get a 129 on Fl1 which means you have the potential to do well on CARS. Maybe you are just psyching yourself out? Don't do EK passages right now they are not representative. CARS Q pack 1 is harder than the real thing. A lot of CARS is mindset so get your mind right and then decide on how you feel but don't go into to the test thinking you're going to void or else it will mess with you (self fulfilling prophecy).

your get a 20/53 on FL. i have the exam on 01/20 and i'm deciding whether to take and void or just cancel. my score has also being dropping from practice 1-2-3. my highest score is on practice test 1. based of your grade, i would recommend take it and see how you feel at the end of the exam. also remember the curve increase your score. i'm evaluating my score because i'm in the 497. your in pretty good shape. Try to relax, exercise, stay positive and be confident. you got it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I can't even tell if I did well after an FL until I see the score.

THIS IS NORMAL. I cannot emphasize this enough. To feel unsure or bad or terrible or depressed about your performance IS NORMAL. Never expect to walk out of the MCAT feeling happy and cheerful. If you do, consider it a blessing but expect to want to void.

I took my exam and desperately felt I should void, and when I got my score report, I got a 517! So trust me, wanting to void IS NORMAL.

In only a few cases would I recommend you void:
1. You did not complete a section
2. You fell ill during the exam
3. You scored 5+ points below your goal score on a recent AAMC FL, and you planned on a take+void strategy

If I were you, I would take and score. 508-513 on the AAMC FLs make it very likely you will score in that range on the actual exam, and that is a very good score.

One thing for CARS I always advocate is the Golden Rule. Wrong is wrong, and least wrong is right. Meaning when you come to a question and you examine the answer choices and find that any part of the answer choice is incorrect, the entire answer choice is incorrect. Right click to strike it through, and don't consider that answer choice anymore.

Nah, if you're getting 508-513, I wouldn't void if I were you. Unless you pass out sick...but that's another story