Voided the MCAT.. Please help...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bk9iq

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello SDN,
I voided 8/10/2012 AM MCAT after having very difficult time sleeping due to stress at night... I went there and read the first few passages of PS and then I realized that I was not focused so I decided to void. Now I feel like I damaged myself. I don't know what to do. It is already late to apply and Now I can reschedule for 8/23/2012 as the earliest possible choice. Very sad and feel very bad because of what happened. This was a retake for me which is why I felt 10X more stressed than the first time. The first time was last year and I scored 11/5/10 (English is my second language and I have been living in the states and learning English for 4 years now). I have a GPA of 3.95 by the time graduated in May. Do you guys think that I should forget about retaking this year since it is too late or take and apply to Caribbean MD?? DO?? I feel like I lost all the chances for MD :( your advice is appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

Coming from someone who voided a retake MCAT, I completely understand the feeling of damaging yourself. Believe me, you haven't; it is much better to void rather than accept a possibly poorer score.

Since it seems like VR is your weakest section, get a bunch of practice passages (EK is really good) and work two or a three a day for a few months. Work until you feel confident enough to retake the MCAT. This was my strategy of study after voiding my retake. As my weakest section was PS, I just got every practice passage I could lay my hands on and completed 70 questions a day for two months.

Good luck.

seems to me you need to get into the right mindset, which doesnt involve stressing over the mcat, so you can get a good nights rest and perform at your best.

Members don't see this ad :)
Stress is a good servant, but a terrible master.

Learn to control the stress in your life. It will only increase in your first year of medical school.

Be sure to reward yourself. Judging by the way you worded your post, you are quite hard on yourself. Be nice to yourself.