Voiding Today!

Started by Tribeca
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Tribeca

Senior Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm scheduled for a retake today. Early this week, I took AAMC 11 to see where I stood. My practice AAMC averages out to the same score as last time, so I've decided that I will not attempt to take the test this time around (My stats are decent enough for DO schools so I'll just focus on this year's application cycle and work on my secondary apps).

I still want to show up for my test and void it, but I'm so worried that I might be tempted to score it OR that I may hit the wrong button! Anyone have any advice/insight? I have 2 hours to decide!

There's a small possibility that I will retake in Jaunaury to reapply next year if I don't get in this cycle.
 
Maybe take the test, then go with your gut feeling on how you think you did...? If you feel like you did worse off than last time then void.

It's really up to you! Maybe waiting until January would make you feel better, give you more time to study, and make you feel more confident?
 
Maybe take the test, then go with your gut feeling on how you think you did...? If you feel like you did worse off than last time then void.

It's really up to you! Maybe waiting until January would make you feel better, give you more time to study, and make you feel more confident?

I thought for sure I did better on AAMC 11, but I didn't. So I think my feelings about it don't reflect my score. I guess I just have to remind myself of that.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I thought for sure I did better on AAMC 11, but I didn't. So I think my feelings about it don't reflect my score. I guess I just have to remind myself of that.

I understand that. Maybe you can use today's test as a way of "practice" for when you want to take it in January and then void it at then end.
 
I found my 07/06 mcat to be very different from AAMC 11- so in my opinion, I wouldn't use AAMC 11 is an indicator. I got 12,11, 11 on AAMC 11 and ended up with 9,8,9 on my actual 07/06 test.