Volunteer Experience in OptomCas

Started by ODpookie
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ODpookie

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey I'm a little concerned because I don't have very much volunteer experience. I have 2 long term volunteer things that I do which I have put in (Wish Grantor with Make-A-Wish Foundation and executive of a student group). The other experience that I have is stuff like volunteering for the Canadian Cancer Societies Relay for Life for the last 3 years or spending a couple days at the youth shelter. These things are either just one time things or once a year things. Should I still include them?
 
Absolutely!! I included anything that shows I am active in my community. Even if you just did it once it demonstrates you spent your free timing helping others!
 
Yeah there's no limit to the number of entries you can put in the experiences section like there is in AMCAS, so I figure go ahead and include it! And of course a description of what you were doing in those experiences.