volunteer for intern hours?

Started by Jim1234
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Jim1234

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I go to school in PA but live in NY during the summer. I know it differs by state but can you volunteer for intern hours? I have my permit for NYS and plan on working here after I graduate. Any information is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

-Jim
 
I'm not certain on the rules in PA, but regardless of where your hours are completed for the state of Indiana (paid or unpaid), you must have a valid Indiana intern license along with whatever is required by the other state for the hours to count. I would check with your school or the PA board of pharmacy.