Volunteer Trauma Team Opportunity

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted6669

18 days in Erbil, Iraq (85 km from Mosul) taking care of mostly civilian victims of the ongoing siege there. Our advanced team just got back and said the situation is feasible for small teams to operate in reasonable safety. This is a World Health Organization sponsored activity with all expenses paid aside from a $100 deployment fee for ID cards, shirts, visas, etc There will be security on site.

See the announcement on the home page of NYC Medics at www.nycmedics.org

I deployed with this organization to Haiti in 2010 and Nepal in 2015 and trust their assessment of need and safety.

I signed up for a deployment this summer. They will be sending 13 teams between now and the end of august. please don't apply if you don't meet their minimum requirements as they will not be making exceptions to these.

Mid-level providers (Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners)
▪ Responsibilities: Assist with medical care under the supervision of the
physicians, including medical and minor surgical procedures as outlined in the Trauma Stabilization Point Terms of Reference document, and assist with
clinical documentation.
▪ Required Qualifications: Two years of professional experience as a
mid-level provider in Emergency Medicine, Surgery, Surgical Critical Care,
or Anesthesia, an active license to practice as a mid-level provider, and
up-to-date certification in ATLS or the equivalent
▪ Desired Qualifications: Arabic speaking, military experience, law
enforcement experience, experience operating in high-stress regions
experiencing conflict or sudden onset disasters, Tactical Combat Casualty
Care (TCCC), Tactical Emergency Casualty Care (TECC), Pre-Hospital
Trauma Life Support (PHTLS), Emergency Pediatric Care (EPC).

Members don't see this ad.

wow, 152 views and no comments....first team leaves in 4 days. we should know more about the situation at the trauma stabilization point soon thereafter.

Sorry bro, not quite at the point in my life to do this. Sounds like a terrific opportunity though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Lots of help now that the military buildup is on, again.