Volunteer work with your fraternity?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted74029

Is anyone gonna include volunteer work they did in conjunction with their fraternity? I'm considering putting them especially the ones that I coordinated in particular.

Members don't see this ad.

Being that there is limited space I would say make sure you put all of your more important volunteer/work/research experiences first, but if there is room I dont see why not. I had various positions in my fraternity and participated and coordinated some community service activities, and I anticipate that I am going to indicate this on my apps.

I had many volunteer experiences and leadership experiences through my sorority. On the application, I just listed any sorority-related experience together under 1 of the 15 EC spaces.

Members don't see this ad :)
ejay, if the volunteer work you did with your fraternity was important to you, i say definitely include it on your amcas. i would not , however, include it just for fluffage.

That would be a Yes.

do it

Absolutely put it in-- especially the ones that you coordinated. Volunteer work is still volunteer work even when it's done by a fraternity.

edit- Community beer pong is not considered volunteer work... well, maybe sometimes.

I didn't include any one-time volunteer things like a Saturday roadside clean-up or soup kitchen work. I only really included serial things I did for multiple days like a Katrina clean up over spring break, that kind of thing.

But, as a poster above said, if it was something particularly meaningful to you, then put it down. Just know it's fair game to come up in an interview.

I included all of the activities under 1 spot as well.