Volunteering Concerns.. !!HELP!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hello everyone!!

So I am currently a junior, but planning on applying end of my senior year. My application is good ( thinking of high and mid tier schools) but my volunteering game is severelyy lacking( I have no volunteering hrs thus far). This is why I am applying end of senior year, so that I have this summer and the whole of next year to volunteer and get 250+ hrs( this is my goal, including expected hrs from the glide year). What do you guys think?

I am worried that because I will cram my volunteering in 1.5 yrs, admissions may have issues with that, even if I stay committed for 1.5 yrs and do 250+ hrs. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance, btw.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just get everything done, nobody cares when you do it.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey bud, you are in my EXACT situation and I asked this a few weeks ago.

Basically, YES, its okay IF you are willing to break a leg and put your nose to the grindstone for the next year and a half. I started this March ALL of my volunteering and will be applying next year. I feel sorry for not starting volunteering last year, but whatevs. Now I have to work harder to get 100 + hours of nonclinical and 200 + of clinical hours.

A good way to offset this slight misstep of starting a little late is to try and actually accomplish stuff in volunteering. Don't settle for just going in, volunteering, and leaving. Find something interesting and try to be creative and think of ways to improve the area. Take initiative and ask if you can start up X or Y activity or if you can have more priveleges like being able to train other volunteers. This will go beyond what most do if you ask me.

Reactions: 1 user