Volunteering: Do I need proof?

Started by kglmp83
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

kglmp83

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am in a club and I did my first volunteering last week for Habitat for Humanity.
When applying to optometry schools, do I need proof that I volunteered or do they just go by the honor system and assume that you are telling the truth?
 
I am in a club and I did my first volunteering last week for Habitat for Humanity.
When applying to optometry schools, do I need proof that I volunteered or do they just go by the honor system and assume that you are telling the truth?

It's all the honor system, but I wouldn't lie because very likely they'll ask you about it, and when your nervous I doubt you can BS very well and seems like a great way to get a automatic rejection if they think your a liar, shady, etc...

i mean if your worried that you didn't do the activity for enough time, if they ask you about it, don't say well. I only did it for an hour, instead emphasize what you learned and liked about it.
 
I think its always good to have awards of sumthin that you can actually proof when the worst happens. e.g: volunteer of the year, 1000hr volunteer certificate etc.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think its always good to have awards of sumthin that you can actually proof when the worst happens. e.g: volunteer of the year, 1000hr volunteer certificate etc.


Volunteer of the year? lol... Was that serious? I never got certificates for volunteering anywhere.
 
1000 hr volunteer...hahahahahhahaha. I wouldn't lie about volunteering. It's easiest to remember things when you know you are telling the truth about it.
 
:laugh: Would you whip out your volunteer of the year medal in the middle of the interview?