Volunteering issues @ Intended colleges

Thisjatti

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
There are two colleges that I am seriously considering, knowing that I will attend one of the two. Problem is that one of them is in a VERY rural place with no hospital. As odd as that is to believe, it's just not there. They have a medical facility or "room" for students. Would it look worse on my app is I volunteered at the school's "Nurses" office rather than a hospital. This leaves almost no opp. for shadowing.

Members don't see this ad.

There are two colleges that I am seriously considering, knowing that I will attend one of the two. Problem is that one of them is in a VERY rural place with no hospital. As odd as that is to believe, it's just not there. They have a medical facility or "room" for students. Would it look worse on my app is I volunteered at the school's "Nurses" office rather than a hospital. This leaves almost no opp. for shadowing.

You would have to shadow a couple of doctors sometime during your admissions process. Over the summer or whenever else you can. If we are talking really rural chances are there is at least a doctor's office within an hour of driving that would also be suffice.Chances are that the nurse at the school still has some sort of a medical director that she/he calls when they need guidance about a patient.