Volunteering

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

raewants2beadoc

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
It was suggested to me by a DO that I work with to do some non-clinical volunteering in order to round out my application since I've been in Healthcare for 15+ yrs. I've done very little volunteering so far due to family + full time employment + full time hrs at school. But I have this next year to fill in that gap.

I filled out an app today for a local volunteering agency that is looking for people to survey the local homeless population to determine the number of homeless people in our area.

I'm going to continue to look at other options as well.

I'm curious what non-clinical volunteering other SDN members are doing.

Sent from my SM-G930R7 using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

It was suggested to me by a DO that I work with to do some non-clinical volunteering in order to round out my application since I've been in Healthcare for 15+ yrs. I've done very little volunteering so far due to family + full time employment + full time hrs at school. But I have this next year to fill in that gap.

I filled out an app today for a local volunteering agency that is looking for people to survey the local homeless population to determine the number of homeless people in our area.

I'm going to continue to look at other options as well.

I'm curious what non-clinical volunteering other SDN members are doing.

Sent from my SM-G930R7 using SDN mobile
ESL tutoring

I do a bunch of miscellaneous stuff. The one recurring thing I do as a lawyer is moot court/mock trial stuff with high school and college kids. I really enjoy that.

Members don't see this ad :)
Volunteered in kindergarten class for 3 years (HILARIOUS), tutoring, volunteer for firewood delivery

Church
Food bank
Soup kitchen
Boy/Girl Scouts
Big brothers/sisters of America
Hospitals have non-clinical options too, like reading to ped patients, guest services...

Ignore @fyrestrm they're spam.

@raewants2beadoc if you do any volunteering, do something that has meaning to you, not just something to get hours. AdComs can read through the BS of those just doing something to check off a box. It also makes writing about your ECs and incorporating it into your PS easier.

Ignore @fyrestrm they're spam.

@raewants2beadoc if you do any volunteering, do something that has meaning to you, not just something to get hours. AdComs can read through the BS of those just doing something to check off a box. It also makes writing about your ECs and incorporating it into your PS easier.

This. This x million. If you can't write about it's significance to you, don't do it

I volunteer with one of my pups who's a therapy dog (kinda clinical kinda not, depending on whether we are at the hospital or not)

Reactions: 1 user