Africa and Middle East Volunteering

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

cure4cancer

Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, I'm a Canadian pre-med student right now and I was wondering where I could find volunteer opportunities in Kenya/Somalia ( where ever it is safest ).
Maybe in a more 3rd world part of the country..

I've always wanted to help out in a 3rd world just for the pleasing experience.
My question is.. are there any doctors that are willing to pay me for helping them? I'm just asking for a very very low wage.. as i plan on paying for my own airfare and stay.. I'll probably just need money for my daily meal ( s ) if possible...

Can anyone suggest a good place to start volunteering (kind of volunteering... ) ?