Vomiting duirng the MCAT!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hotshot

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Uh..
Ok, so i took the august MCAT and I took PR AND Kaplan together....yes I invested in Both.....I have a 3.892 GPA and I graduated from an Ivy League school. Ihave a Brother and Sister that attend Johns Hopkins and Yale (respectively) and my dad is the chief surgun at a major medical university and my mother is an MD-PhD teaching at the same medical school....

Ok...So you see I have ALOT of pressure on me to do well on my MCATs...So...I took the MCAT and during my Biology section...the worst thing happened!

I vomited, Im not sure if it was the sandwich my mom made me (Tuna and watercress), or the nerves I had at the end of my test....anyways, I was like on question 200 or so, and I felt really nauseated, I vomited in my mouth...sick! What was I supposed to do....I could have just sat there with vomit in my mouth for the remaining part of the test, or run out and throw the rest up in the toilet. Of sourse I ran out and vomited in the toilet. When I got back, the procters (both men) had taken my paper and ripped it up! :eek:

I haven't told my parent what happened yet, cuz Im sure they would disown me, but now they keep wanting me to check online to get my score and Im keep having to disconnect the internet at home, or keep making deng excuses....

WHAT DO I DO????????
Im in a whole lot of **** and the worst thing is that it wasn't my fault!

:wow: :wow: :scared: :eek: :mad:

Members don't see this ad.

how about telling your parents? they arent going to eat you. they are only going to be annoyed that you didnt tell them earlier. i imagine they care more about your health than some test. take it in april, and youll do fine. if it makes you feel any better, my situation is very similar to yours. my parents were very supportive, even though i thought theyd be disappointed. im sure itll work out the same way for you. another thing: try paxil.

Members don't see this ad :)
stick wtih somethign more bland next time, creamy tuna salad usually isnt the best choice

Originally posted by Hotshot
Uh..
Ok, so i took the august MCAT and I took PR AND Kaplan together....yes I invested in Both.....I have a 3.892 GPA and I graduated from an Ivy League school. Ihave a Brother and Sister that attend Johns Hopkins and Yale (respectively) and my dad is the chief surgun at a major medical university and my mother is an MD-PhD teaching at the same medical school....

Ok...So you see I have ALOT of pressure on me to do well on my MCATs...So...I took the MCAT and during my Biology section...the worst thing happened!

I vomited, Im not sure if it was the sandwich my mom made me (Tuna and watercress), or the nerves I had at the end of my test....anyways, I was like on question 200 or so, and I felt really nauseated, I vomited in my mouth...sick! What was I supposed to do....I could have just sat there with vomit in my mouth for the remaining part of the test, or run out and throw the rest up in the toilet. Of sourse I ran out and vomited in the toilet. When I got back, the procters (both men) had taken my paper and ripped it up! :eek:

I haven't told my parent what happened yet, cuz Im sure they would disown me, but now they keep wanting me to check online to get my score and Im keep having to disconnect the internet at home, or keep making deng excuses....

WHAT DO I DO????????

Every now and then say, "What the ****." "What the ****" gives you freedom. Freedom brings opportunity. Opportunity makes your future.

Seriously, face your parents and tell the truth. You can't hide it forever.

hey...i ALWAYS say whta the ****... tahst WHY i cant get anywhere!!! heheheheheheheh....

..I still say , if ya gotta drop one, during the CAT is as good a time as any!!! Yes, i believe this story, cause why would anyone on SDN EVER lie bout anythin, its just soo un American... So, drop one for me, & make it mushy>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>WEEEEEEEEEEEEE>>>>>>WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Ok, I'll sneeze bullsh1t too.

1) Story is beefed up with improbable occurances only so much so that it sounds too crazy to be a lie.

2) The one and only time to tell the parents was 2 months ago.

3) Proctors don't tear up your paper for exitting the classroom.

4) Other inconsistencies pointed out above.

When I got back, the procters (both men) had taken my paper and ripped it up!

Do proctors really do this? I had people leave my test room to go to the restroom, and there was no problem. Besides, I don't think that anything is just "ripped up" in a matter of minutes. They were both men, eh? Oh, okay, never mind, now I believe you. :rolleyes:
Nice story, though, Hotshot.

Uh..

WHAT DO I DO????????

Click here or here to see my reply to this post

That was funny...vomitting in your own mouth.!!! What a punk..I would just let it all out.

I think it's true that they DON'T rip up your paper if you leave the room. THey simply pack your stuff and write on it that you exitted during the exam and your test is cancelled. But no ripping of papers actually occurs. Everything must be documented an accounted for.

As far as telling your parents it would be *****ic to not tell them what happened immediately. I mean it's not your fault that you threw up. It's your mother's fault for making you a nasty sandwich. Stay away from TUNA on test day.

This story really made up though. If my parents were soo high and mighty, I would just rely on THEIR connections to get me into medical school, screw the mcats.:D

Wow,
That was a great story!
Wish icould have been that creative to make something up like that!
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Bravo!

ANYONE THAT GRADUATES FROM AN IVY LEAGUE SCHOOL AND TAKES BOTH PR AND KAPLAN IS A *****, AND YOUR STORY IS DUMBER THAN YOU. DON'T GIVE ME YOUR LAME ASS BS STORY, MY DADDY'S IN THE UNION AND MY MOMS A SECRETARY. THEY DIDN'T EVEN KNOW WHAT A 30 WAS WHEN I GOT IT ON MY FIRST TRY.:mad: :mad: :mad:

Guys, don't be so gullible.

This post was created by a current SDN user, who created a second username to post this story, and see our reaction. He/she is reading all of this right now, to see what we say to this "mystery" person.

The evidence:

- If a person was in sh** this deep, and they created a new name to post on SDN, would they pick the name "HotShot"? Would you be feeling like a hot shot if you puked during the MCAT? No. On the other hand, would you create the name "HotShot" if you only GOAL were to elicit a response from SDN users, by creating a fictitious person who is as arrogant and as big of a gunner as one could possibly imagine? Yes, it would be fitting.
- How often do people use the smiley faces this extensively on their first post? If they are new to SDN, their first posts are typically pretty plain, as they haven't gotten the hang of it yet, and aren't completely comfortable with the site.
- Who has a family like this, anyway? What are the chances? In reality, NONE of the chief surgeons in the top 50 medical schools also have a wife on the faculty.
- If this person came from a line of doctors in the family, and it was taken for granted that they were going to become a doctor, would the person wait until an AUgust AFTER graduation to take the MCAT? No, he'd probably take the test as soon as possible, definitely while still in school (Aug soph year or April jun year).
- A real dork like this would know that there is no letter "u" in the word surgeon.
- MCAT proctors DO NOT rip up test papers.
- The username "Hotshot" was created the same day that the post was made (most likely minutes before).
- If someone screwed up their life last August, they wouldn't have hidden it from everyone 'till October. A guy like this would have probably have left the country or killed himself after the test. :rolleyes:

- CaNEM

Ok, so I exagerrated a little, they didn't actually rip up the test, and yes I spelled Surgeon wrong, but I was nervous OK! Jeez!
Anyways, they did put the time I left the room on my form and another piece of paper, and I had to sign this paper to void my test.
Ok, so why did I wait until August? I was a double major in Chemistry and English, I finished my Chemistry in 3 years and I actually wanted to go to graduate school, before I wanted to go to med. school, anyhow, my fourth year I did an educational abroad program for a year in Madrid where I opted to take some of my elective humanities classes there. However, while I was there, I was fortunate to volunteer at a soup kitchen, and that is where I decided that I wanted to be more hands-on when it comes to helping people.
Listen, the only reason my username is Hotshot is because that was the nickname one of my friends used to call me. I asked for some genuine advise and all i got was people wasting there time looking up when I signed up, and nit-picking at everything I say.
Thanks for all of those who did decide to reply nicely, and I took your advise and I told my parents a couple days ago. They reacted better than I assumed and everything is okay now.
As far as WHY I dont just rely on my parents connections, Well my Brother and sister didn't so why should I? Not only that, but If they did help me out in that way it would create a scandal in the academic community at their school.
And...BTW, my dad is a chief SURGEON and my Mom is an MD-PhD, this is not uncommon since my bestfriend also has the same deal, except the other way around!!
:D

hey hotshot, i believed ya!

u guys, give the guy a break :rolleyes:

wait hotshot u are telling the truth this time right? cos once bitten, twice shy :D

u guys are freaking idiot + gullible + dumb butt. i bet you anything, i bet you my freaking head, i bet you my admission to any $hitty school, that this guy is lying.... omg.... i can't believe u guys gonna become a doctor... u need to be a lot more tried and smart!! no beef (lol qac DO) i just can't believe that you actually believe the second story....

how about let's let the moderator of this form reveal this guy's ip and see what other alias he/she has? what is the point of lying on this board, really? who really wants/cares making few people amazed at some freak story?

btw, i don't see any creativeness in his story. i can make it a lot more appealing... anyway.... sorry that i react this dramatically.

hey CaNEM, how do u know that no chief surgeon in top 50 med school has wife as faculty??? that's some kind of unbeliable information you have.

Just suck it up, look up the score, and tell them. I don't think the proctors should have ripped up the test before you even got back, I'd call the MCAT office and at least file a complaint. I'll venture you'll get nowhere with it, but it should be on record all the same. If it's any consolation, I had a fire alarm go off for ten minutes during my verbal section, and yes, i completely bombed it. I re-took the test and got an overall 7 point increase. The MCAT office told me a re-take was not warranted. Yesterday I got a secondary from Duke. Don't count yourself out, worse things have happened. It's a test. Re-take it.