VR--I need some help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Temperature101

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have been spending 50% of my time doing VR for almost a month...I have tried everything and there is no improvement in my score... My last AAMC(9), I got (10PS...6VR...8BS). I took TPR4 yesterday and my score in VR drop (10PS...5VR...10BS). All I want is an 8 in VR to get a shot at DO...Should I spend 75% of my time in VR until I take the test in September? I am ESOL. Can someone who was in similar situation tell me how they were able to raise their VR score?
 
I know that feel... I've been using EK101 since June to improve my VR score because I already knew verbal reasoning was clearly not my strength. My scores have been going all over the place from a 5 to a 10, and a 10 was the highest I've ever attained. My VR scores in my AAMC practice tests have been ranging from a 5 to a 7, never higher. I have exactly a week left before the real thing, so there's not much I can do now but to cut through the last three EK101 practices.
 
When did you do AAMC 9? It might be helpful and encouraging to do another AAMC one of these days to see where you're at. IMO, TPR is more difficult than AAMC verbal. My AAMC verbal average is 2 points higher than my TPR verbal average and maybe the case will be the same for you. Don't be discouraged! Everything will work out in the end :luck:
 
When did you do AAMC 9? It might be helpful and encouraging to do another AAMC one of these days to see where you're at. IMO, TPR is more difficult than AAMC verbal. My AAMC verbal average is 2 points higher than my TPR verbal average and maybe the case will be the same for you. Don't be discouraged! Everything will work out in the end :luck:
I took AAMC9 about three weeks ago...I will take another AAMC next week...Going to spend one week hardcore in VR now.