VSAS Timeline

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BillrothI

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Everybody,

Does anyone know when we can expect to hear back from programs regarding away rotations on VSAS? My school is requiring our finalized schedule for M4 by early-May. Do most students receive a response by then, or do schools often respond significantly later? Specifically, I'm hoping to do away rotations in DR and IR from August through October.

Thanks!

-Bill

Members don't see this ad.

It’s really program dependent. I’ve heard anywhere from within a week of applying to over 1 month. Occasionally the program will list a date on VSAS, but usually not. It helps if you know anyone who applied to those aways last year - they can give a rough estimate.

From the experience of my friends who went through the process last year, April is a pretty common month to hear back

Reactions: 1 user
It’s really program dependent. I’ve heard anywhere from within a week of applying to over 1 month. Occasionally the program will list a date on VSAS, but usually not. It helps if you know anyone who applied to those aways last year - they can give a rough estimate.

From the experience of my friends who went through the process last year, April is a pretty common month to hear back

Thank you! Appreciate the info.

-Bill

Members don't see this ad :)
hey did you by chance hear back yet from anyone? I havent heard back at all yet from a lot of programs and its making me sweat.

Not yet. It does appear to be institution-dependent, though, as several friends just recently heard back from various programs. Hang tight!

-Bill