W

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted850921

I

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tbh all the parodies done by different med schools like Harvard and stanford on YouTube motivate the hell outta me to work my a$$ off, so I can be dancing in one of those videos one day.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
fort minor - remember the name

Go Your Own Way - Fleetwood Mac

Tearin up my heart - Nsync

Reactions: 1 users
I just wanna party, by YG, ScHoolboy Q, Jay Rock

Reactions: 2 users
Honestly, the whole Evolve album by Imagine Dragons is motivating me right now. Particularly "Whatever It Takes," "Mouth of the River," and, perhaps too obviously, "Thunder."

I especially like "Mouth of the River." It's a nice blend of wanting to live an extraordinary life in Christ while also speaking about leaving your mark on the world.

This remix makes it sound like the artist is happy to have some everyday struggle. The original is depressing and sad :(

Last edited:
For studying, I loved the Halo soundtrack. Used to play "One Final Effort" right before each final

Members don't see this ad :)
I Can - Nas.

Sympathy For The Devil- The Stones

Water - Ugly God

Someone in one of the previous threads recommended Win Again by Nicki Minaj and it is definitely a banger. I also have been listening to Hard Times by Paramore, which isn't necessarily uplifting since it's about depression (but with a funky calypso vibe), but I appreciate its relatability and find that uplifting in a way.

For studying, I am currently using the album "Chopin: 24 preludes and 4 scherzos."

Last year, I studied mostly with 21 savage, post malone, mac dre, leonard cohen, system of a down, drake, and Chico Mann in no particular order.

For the gym I currently run using podcasts, but lift using that playboi carti mixtape. I used to use mostly mac dre, three 6 mafia, drake, and post malone for lifting last year.

Every time I hit the 30 minute break at the halfway point of my MCAT practice tests, I catch myself singing Livin' On A Prayer.

Works like a charm :p

• Everything Metallica,
  • DNA, HUMBLE, Kush and Corinthians, How Much a Dollar Cost, (and many more) by Kendrick Lamar,
  • Everybody by Logic,
  • Loco by Vince Staples,
  • ...and so many more.

Rocky IV Soundtrack

Best motivating music for anything. I'd listen to it before midterms, my MCAT, before lifting, before a huge boxing match (was in boxing club at my college).

Also, if you haven't seen the Rocky movies, you should definitely see 1 through 4.

Anything by Stromae.

Also, Attention by Charlie Puth, Amice Remix.

Titus_andronicus_The_Monitor_album_cover.jpg

Listened start-to-finish driving to the MCAT, rekt it.

To the naysayers (relatives) who doubted my decision to transition into medicine:

IT'S MY LIFE!!!

Last edited:
I recently watched the British comedy "Miranda," and I found Heather Small's "What have you done today to make you feel proud?" motivating.

ARMY checking in, BTS' Fire 4eva. I swear to god that's the only thing that got me through the door to take the MCAT.

"My Shot" from Hamilton: An American Musical got me through all my secondaries and interviews.

Hate it or Love it - Game/50cent lol. Was my tune during collegiate/professional athletics.

Paralyzer - Finger Eleven
Rise - Katy Perry
Another One Bites the Dust - Queen
Come with Me Now - KONGOS
Coastin' feat. k. flay
seven nation army - the white stripes
bittersweet symphony
sweet dreams - Eurythmics
hall of fame
in it for the kill skream remix
believer - imagine dragons
human rag n bone
where does the good go tegan and sara

Last edited:
Tbh all the parodies done by different med schools like Harvard and stanford on YouTube motivate the hell outta me to work my a$$ off, so I can be dancing in one of those videos one day.
cringe

Usually my pretest song is Back Home by Gold Panda. Post-test I'll listen to Wayward Son by Kansas. My favorite song to study to is The Mark by Simon Viklund. My favorite song to shower to when I'm getting ready for another day in the hospital is Imperial March.