WAG Power is coming

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SoonerPharmD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i heard WAG Power is going to take over TX by the end of the year. i can't wait!! yeah, right. anybody in FL see any improvements yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
If MTM comes through in US healthcare reform, how will it affect the rollout of Power, given Walgreens saying Pharmacists could "bridge the gap" between physicians and patients?

Obviously this is pure speculation.

The new model would give pharmacists a chance to counsel patients more often and offer vaccinations if regulations permit.” That has to be the biggest load of BS I have seen in a long time. POWER is designed to cut pharmacists out of the pharmacy and have techs perform most of the tasks. Give extra time to counsel? Look at it from the corporate perspective, where is the payment for counseling? We get paid when we dispense and if we are not needed to dispense why would Walgreens keep us around? What HAS happened is massive job cuts in Florida. Up where I am everyone working for Walgreens is scared stiff (we get it in 2010). Personally, it has made me consider moving to a state that still requires a pharmacist to at least be present in a pharmacy when patients are receiving meds. Check your laws and anything coming down the pipeline…and don’t expect much of APhA, they buy these press releases hook, line, and sinker.
Being an optimist in a situation like this is all well and good, but people need to accept the reality that Walgreen’s only obligation is not to its workers or to the profession but to its shareholders. That obligation is to make money and one of the best ways to make money is to eliminate costs. Pharmacists cost a whole lot more than almost anything else in the store. We need to really pursue methods of payment for other services we can render, if we can accomplish that then Walgreens might keep a few of us around.

All Power did was cut staff to bare bones levels. Store managers have to help out in the pharmacy because there is one pharmacist and one tech. There is no more in window, only one big line to pick up or drop off.

Stores that had 3 techs, now only have one. There is no time for the pharmacist to counsel patients because they are short staffed. You still get the same number of waiters as before and not enough bodies to get the work done. Only people who renew early have their scripts processed at the mail order facility. I'm so glad I left WAGS.

Hi Dana,
It has been long time not seeing you posting here, How are you doing at your new job, ? Do you enjoy hospital pharmacy?
I am very glad too to leave WAGS.

Personally, it has made me consider moving to a state that still requires a pharmacist to at least be present in a pharmacy when patients are receiving meds. Check your laws and anything coming down the pipeline…and don't expect much of APhA, they buy these press releases hook, line, and sinker.

Georgia. They're on to WAGS and other corporations...won't allow central fill in the state.

But...it doesn't stop WAGS from trying to lobby political folks in the state legislature and trying to seek positions on the state board.

A-holes.

Folks, we gotta stop these corporate jerks from stealing our profession from us completely.