WAGS in IL no longer in negotiations with Express Scripts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

crossurfingers

Senior Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They are planning on proceeding without them in the Chicago area. Any thoughts on what will happen when the #$%^ hits the fan in January?
 
Walgreens must have a lot of control in that city!

Yeah, I'm not too sure about that. I'm curious as to what kind of cuts are going to be made come January when everyone is transferring out and the rx numbers go down. They cut a lot as it is just with the change in seasons, now it may be a lot worse.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have heard that some states came to an agreement. WAGS in IL has been in negotiations until now. Seems like they gave up. Everyone was pretty much thinking there would be a last minute agreement between the two, but now it seems unlikely. I would have thought Walgreens would cave just because they are going to lose so many customers.
 
I have heard that some states came to an agreement. WAGS in IL has been in negotiations until now. Seems like they gave up. Everyone was pretty much thinking there would be a last minute agreement between the two, but now it seems unlikely. I would have thought Walgreens would cave just because they are going to lose so many customers.
Strange...