Wags strikes again with cuts

Started by cutiger
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

cutiger

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Found out from my boss tonight that Walgreens cut hours in our district by 2 tech shifts a week pretty much and that over the next couple months they planned to let go about 50-60 Rphs.
The hours don't really affect me, but once I become a P3 I should automatically get a pay raise for being a P3 intern, but the district is limiting itself to 24 interns and all those who apply for the next pay raise will be interviewed and 24 picked from that. (I'd venture to say we have at least double that many interns from my school alone).
Also, they say there are no availabilities in the area and that most if not all graduating p4's will be asked to relocate.
 
not a terribly big surprise... I'm getting the feeling that they are trimming the fat, so to speak, so that the pharmacies run more efficiently.
not a bad idea, but i'm not sure that the right people are going to be cut, exactly.