Wait list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

niv3k

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know this varies from school to school but does anyone know what the turnover rate is for students to be taken off the wait list and allowed acceptance? Or even how often this happens this late into the cycle? I've also had a friend tell me that the latest he's heard of someone being accepted off of the alternative list was 2 weeks after the semester had started. Is there any more information on this? I'm so antsy I can't stop thinking about it. I had an interview last week and was told that I would be placed on the top of the alternative list and that if someone withdraws their acceptance than I could get that seat. The interviewer I spoke to said it's not a guarantee but it does happen.

The interviewer told me don't change your phone number and wait for a call. Agh I keep checking my phone to make sure I didn't miss any calls haha.

Members don't see this ad.

Waitlist movement is contingent on people dropping their acceptances, as you already know. No one here can tell with a definite answer what the particular rate is.

With that said, a coveted state school like UNC, for example, will have its class set in stone right now with little to no movement.

Schools that are private, expensive, and are seen as a "backup" will usually see more movement.

Right. Does anyone know if acceptances are still being given out at this time? Or have most schools filled up their seats?

Nevermind, yes there are still schools giving out acceptances (both non-wait listed and wait listed). Thanks for the info ICUrunning.