Wait listed for interview at Marshall

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just interviewed at UMES this weekend, so waiting to hear from them. Still have 2 schools that don't do interviews (Arkansas State and VCU), so waiting on them too. I hate the waiting part though

Members don't see this ad.

Just interviewed at UMES this weekend, so waiting to hear from them. Still have 2 schools that don't do interviews (Arkansas State and VCU), so waiting on them too. I hate the waiting part though
Yes I know it's terrible. I'm waiting on UK,WVU, and Cincy too! And then I also applied to USF and Nova in Florida!

I was waitlisted for an interview, and was also placed on the alternate list at Marshall.

To add to the Bellarmine University discussion, I have an interview scheduled with them this Friday, and I believe that will be the last day they host interviews. I would expect to hear an answer from them pretty soon after this coming Friday, February 3rd. Also, I just received my first letter of acceptance from Wheeling Jesuit University, but you all are 100% right..this whole process requires a lot of patience. Good luck to all!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I was waitlisted for an interview, and was also placed on the alternate list at Marshall.

To add to the Bellarmine University discussion, I have an interview scheduled with them this Friday, and I believe that will be the last day they host interviews. I would expect to hear an answer from them pretty soon after this coming Friday, February 3rd. Also, I just received my first letter of acceptance from Wheeling Jesuit University, but you all are 100% right..this whole process requires a lot of patience. Good luck to all!!!
Congrats on getting that first acceptance! It definitely puts the mind at ease. I'm also waiting to hear from several places that I'd prefer over my current acceptance.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm in the same position as a lot of you all. I was originally an alternate for an interview and now an alternate for the program. I have been accepted to Emory & Henry, but would love to attend Marshall. It is hard to beat their instate tuition.

How long are they giving everyone to accept or decline?

How long are they giving everyone to accept or decline?
I believe they give them a week to accept (and send the deposit) or decline. So fingers crossed we're all high enough on the wait list to hear back soon!!

I believe they give them a week to accept (and send the deposit) or decline. So fingers crossed we're all high enough on the wait list to hear back soon!!
Can confirm. They gave us 7 days. They sent us a follow up email (since I didn't respond yet) to say if i'd accept or not by 5 PM tomorrow and send the deposit in within 1 week or the seats would be given to someone else. PM me if anyone has any more questions on the specifics

Can confirm. They gave us 7 days. They sent us a follow up email (since I didn't respond yet) to say if i'd accept or not by 5 PM tomorrow and send the deposit in within 1 week or the seats would be given to someone else. PM me if anyone has any more questions on the specifics
Are you planning on attending?

So did everyone who originally got wait listed for an interview get put on the alternate list? Also, do you all believe the earlier you received the interview email after being wait listed means you are higher on the alternate list?

I'm not sure how they organized it...I really wish they would tell us our ranks, but I guess with all of the changes in acceptances/denials, they would literally send out an email every single day. From what I've gathered, most schools already know who they're going to pick before they even hold interviews; they just use them to see who is willing to travel/find out info about the school/etc., so you might be right about the earlier you got moved off of the interview wait list-earlier acceptance wait list movement correlation, but who knows. I'm just hoping enough people decline the school, and that I'm high enough on the wait list to gain acceptance sometime in the next month or two!

The good thing about them only giving a week to decide is that, if there is movement, we'll probably know sooner rather than later!

I'm not sure how they organized it...I really wish they would tell us our ranks, but I guess with all of the changes in acceptances/denials, they would literally send out an email every single day. From what I've gathered, most schools already know who they're going to pick before they even hold interviews; they just use them to see who is willing to travel/find out info about the school/etc., so you might be right about the earlier you got moved off of the interview wait list-earlier acceptance wait list movement correlation, but who knows. I'm just hoping enough people decline the school, and that I'm high enough on the wait list to gain acceptance sometime in the next month or two!

The good thing about them only giving a week to decide is that, if there is movement, we'll probably know sooner rather than later!

Don't get discouraged at all. I was on the waitlist last year and got accepted about 2 weeks after I got waitlisted. They will continue to pull from the waitlist up until the 1st day of class. So you may hear soon, or it could be the Friday before classes start, which happened to my friend who is now a second year at Marshall. Just try not to get discouraged, easier to say than do... I definitely remember the feeling. It definitely tested my patience. A large majority of my class are people who were originally wait listed.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone on the waitlist hear anything since the deadline for the first group of acceptances Friday?

Just received my acceptance email today!!

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats! What were your stats?
I'll have to sit down and figure it out but my pre-requisite GPA is a 3.4-3.5 depending on the school. And my GRE is a combined 296

Just got an email saying they are done with interviews and are sending out acceptances. I didn't get accepted or denied so I guess I'm being waitlisted???

Just got an email saying they are done with interviews and are sending out acceptances. I didn't get accepted or denied so I guess I'm being waitlisted???
Received the same email!

Did you get an interview?

Did you get an interview?
Nope but they said if they don't get enough people that interviewed they'll have to accept people later without interviewing (probably last case scenario)

Nope but they said if they don't get enough people that interviewed they'll have to accept people later without interviewing (probably last case scenario)
Wow that would a lot of people, but it could definitely happen.

So Marshall sent a letter to my parents house saying I had some unsatisfied financial aide requirements. My dad scanned the letter to me and I went to their website to make my username and password. I found the financial aide tab and found the section were it listed my unsatisfied requirements. Guess what my unsatisfied requirement was? It was that I need to admitted into the school to continue with the financial aide process..... Thanks for trolling me Marshall.... +pissed+

So Marshall sent a letter to my parents house saying I had some unsatisfied financial aide requirements. My dad scanned the letter to me and I went to their website to make my username and password. I found the financial aide tab and found the section were it listed my unsatisfied requirements. Guess what my unsatisfied requirement was? It was that I need to admitted into the school to continue with the financial aide process..... Thanks for trolling me Marshall.... +pissed+
Kinda confused, so you got accepted?

Starting to get antsy...has anyone else on the wait list heard anything new yet?

Omg me too. Every time I have a new email, my heart skips a beat then my stomach drops when I see that there's still no news.

just received an email that I've been accepted off the waitlist..im going to decline my acceptance hope it helps someone on the waitlist!

just received an email that I've been accepted off the waitlist..im going to decline my acceptance hope it helps someone on the waitlist!
Were you originally waitlisted for an interview?

also, do you mind sharing your stats?

Were you originally waitlisted for an interview?
yea i was...i didn't fly out to the campus because ticket prices were too high.. i had a phone interview on Jan 4

Just got an acceptance call!

Reactions: 3 users
Nice man glad to hear it! Do you know what your prereq gpa for marshall is by chance?

To be honest, I'm not sure if I have ever calculated it right. My total GPA by PTCAS is a 3.20 and the self-reported pre-req GPA is 3.22. GRE was 315 (162 Q and 153 V) 4.0 AW. But in detail for Marshall

Biology- B x 8 hours
Chemistry- A x 5 hours B x 3 hours
Physics- A x 4 hours C x 4 hours
Anatomy & Physiology A x 6 hours
Math & Stats A x 6 hours
Psychology A x 3 hours B x 3 hours (I have taken a masters level psychology class, but it was an education based course and received an A, not sure if this could have counted as a replacement for general psychology's B)
Composition A x 3 hours Bx 3 hours (Again, not sure if an upper level world lit course would count as "composition", but if so that English 101 B could have been an A)

I guess that's a 3.48 but if they used the A's it could vary.

I just received a call this morning!! I'm going to Marshall!!