Waiting bin inv retake /cvs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sosoo

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
is it necessary to do the retake when it comes back end of month? if we dont do it does anyone bug u with questions if u skip it?

Members don't see this ad.

Find a young tech to do it for you. it's more of a physical challenge than anything else lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
What is retake? The thing where you have to scan all of the waiting bin?

Yes retake means you missed doing it the first time or the first time your result was far off from expected result (forgot to scan oversized bags or refrigerator bags are common reasons). I never heard of a store failing the retake but when I asked the help desk about it they made it seem like it has happened before and to notify sup if we don't do the retake.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone know how best to prep for waiting bins other than manually going through before hand to pull duplicates/out of dates & always clearing out 14 day RTSs everyday? Always seems like a pain in the ass always left for night RPhs to do solo...while doing loads of other maintenance/bull**** work.

If you are a night rph try to find a tech to do it in the evening. if you start it before midnight you have to make sure it gets done before midnight. tell the tech how important it is and to ignore customers. unplug the phones or don't bother to answer them. turn away all new waiters by saying you are out of stock or system is down.
I can't recall what happens if you start waiting bin and then new scripts get added to waiting bin. I think you don't scan those.

If you are a night rph try to find a tech to do it in the evening. if you start it before midnight you have to make sure it gets done before midnight. tell the tech how important it is and to ignore customers. unplug the phones or don't bother to answer them. turn away all new waiters by saying you are out of stock or system is down.
I can't recall what happens if you start waiting bin and then new scripts get added to waiting bin. I think you don't scan those.
Anything that gets through QV up until the inventory is complete has to be scanned. When I'm scanning I just have the pharmacist keep all the stuff they just verified in a separate basket and then I'll go scan those all last, then have them pause verifying for a sec so I can hit complete and get the totals.

Anyone know how best to prep for waiting bins other than manually going through before hand to pull duplicates/out of dates & always clearing out 14 day RTSs everyday? Always seems like a pain in the ass always left for night RPhs to do solo...while doing loads of other maintenance/bull**** work.

As another night rph, I found only going through the bins beforehand to prep for waiting bin rarely led to a good result (aka led to a retake). Yes day 14s are important. AFAIK, retakes are due to too much cash loss. To avoid the retake, I found this method to work: as the night rph, complete the day 14s Saturday morning and address any past due rx's, then print the the cash loss report, highlight every single high dollar ( >~$40) rx and make sure it is in the bin (note: you may not have time for this, and may have to pawn this off to a day tech).

I had to do the the first three waiting bins of 2016 solo. Everyone of them ended in a retake despite my best efforts. Yes that meant I had to scan my 2000+ rx waiting bin every single Saturday (actually Sunday morning in the allotted 3 hour time span) from Jan - Mar. Faaak. Dat. ****. The night rph should not be doing the waiting bin. Take this up with your Sup. The waiting bin can actually be started in the daytime way before you come in and you should only be scanning in the stuff you just checked.

I had to do the the first three waiting bins of 2016 solo. Yes that meant I had to scan my 2000+ rx waiting bin every single Saturday from Jan - Mar. The waiting bin can actually be started in the daytime way before you come in and you should only be scanning in the stuff you just checked.

my partner had to do it PLUS the retake each n every month for 6 months straight. last winter. we have 1,500+ scripts to scan. he failed 6 months straight. this time, this month, he didn't do 14 day RTS correctly, and left 20+ RTS beyond day 14. i didn't have time to clean his mess, so its possible this month i have to do retake. his mess is annoying. TWO (2) baskets full of RTS "beyond" past due! i'm surprise the PIC put up with it. stupid sh.it of a PIC never check waiting bin report. i always clear up all out dates so that the report has nothing beyond day 14. .. this is the way i been successful with waiting bin inv. just clearing up outdates. my partner is not a bi.tch. just a mor.on.

RTS at some stores is ridiculous. all the people they sign up for readyfill without a phone number or informed consent. I would see shopping baskets full of RTS. to make it worse one rph would simply delete everything off 14 day list without actually pulling it from bin. or just edit thr scripts to current date.
I knew a PIC who came in on her day off to do it.

As another night rph, I found only going through the bins beforehand to prep for waiting bin rarely led to a good result (aka led to a retake). Yes day 14s are important. AFAIK, retakes are due to too much cash loss. To avoid the retake, I found this method to work: as the night rph, complete the day 14s Saturday morning and address any past due rx's, then print the the cash loss report, highlight every single high dollar ( >~$40) rx and make sure it is in the bin (note: you may not have time for this, and may have to pawn this off to a day tech).

I had to do the the first three waiting bins of 2016 solo. Everyone of them ended in a retake despite my best efforts. Yes that meant I had to scan my 2000+ rx waiting bin every single Saturday (actually Sunday morning in the allotted 3 hour time span) from Jan - Mar. Faaak. Dat. ****. The night rph should not be doing the waiting bin. Take this up with your Sup. The waiting bin can actually be started in the daytime way before you come in and you should only be scanning in the stuff you just checked.

Why don't you actually do it Saturday night? so you don't have to worry about the 3 hrs limit on Sunday morning...

my partner had to do it PLUS the retake each n every month for 6 months straight. last winter. we have 1,500+ scripts to scan. he failed 6 months straight. this time, this month, he didn't do 14 day RTS correctly, and left 20+ RTS beyond day 14. i didn't have time to clean his mess, so its possible this month i have to do retake. his mess is annoying. TWO (2) baskets full of RTS "beyond" past due! i'm surprise the PIC put up with it. stupid sh.it of a PIC never check waiting bin report. i always clear up all out dates so that the report has nothing beyond day 14. .. this is the way i been successful with waiting bin inv. just clearing up outdates. my partner is not a bi.tch. just a mor.on.

I had the same problem... talking to him or the manager didn't help, so I give up basically...

Just make sure you are up to date on the RTS and do it at a slow time of day. Don't mix any newly filled scripts with the stuff you already scanned. Once everything is scanned then you scan the stuff that is sitting on the counter (stuff that was filled while you were scanning the waiting bin but hasn't been put away) and submit it. You could also put it in a basket if you want. Doesn't take long at all but we are not a 24 hour store and I doubt we have more than 1,000 scripts sitting there. I've never heard of a retake so I assume we've never failed the scan doing it this way.

Last edited:

You want to scan anything that has been verified before you submit it.

Speaking of RTSs...anyone know how to back out/delete transferred out scripts from the new on hold transfer in function? I can not edit, delete, or RTS (from main screen, R) these items...it's quite annoying. On the RTS report they will have a line "|" in front of the RTS Rx #.

Cash loss report strategy seems like a good plan to try out the day prior; I've only had maybe 2 or so retakes the past 2 years or so.

Why don't you actually do it Saturday night? so you don't have to worry about the 3 hrs limit on Sunday morning...

Not possible given the help I had those nights and the amount of customers. Finishing by 12am was not feasible.

Not possible given the help I had those nights and the amount of customers. Finishing by 12am was not feasible.

Ops I meant Saturday morning (right after midnight). Just do it one day early... that way you technically have the "whole day" to do it.

Ops I meant Saturday morning (right after midnight). Just do it one day early... that way you technically have the "whole day" to do it.

theres no such thing as saturday morning. u have to follow the time allotted.

theres no such thing as saturday morning. u have to follow the time allotted.
I always does it on Saturday morning right after it hits 12am from Friday to Saturday. We are allowed to do that since we are 24 hrs...