1. It’s Test Prep Week! Visit the Test Prep Forums to learn about test prep products and services, ask questions in test-related AMA threads, take advantage of exclusive SDN member discounts, and enter to win free stuff!
Studying for the DAT, GRE, OAT or PCAT? Test Prep Week Exhibitors are here to help!

waiting bin inventory / cvs

Discussion in 'Pharmacy' started by sosoo, Sep 9, 2017.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. sosoo

sosoo 7+ Year Member

Aug 10, 2009
    does anyone know how to print cash loss report to get an idea of what the total price for waiting bin inventory should be? like what date range to select on the cash loss? that way u don't have to wait a month to know the exact numbers?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. wucool33

wucool33 New Member 10+ Year Member

Jun 22, 2006
    Wtf are you talking about? How are you supposed to look up future scripts number if you haven't done those scripts yet. I swear all your posts are all sorts of stupid...

4. Old Timer

Old Timer SDN Advisor SDN Advisor 10+ Year Member

May 16, 2007
    Not if you understand what he is asking.

cozypark likes this.
  5. Old Timer

Old Timer SDN Advisor SDN Advisor 10+ Year Member

May 16, 2007
    M1
    2 (I Think)
    and then it's on that menu somewhere....

6. wucool33

Jun 22, 2006
    Humor me... what number you need to wait a month for, but can actually get today?

BidingMyTime likes this.
  7. sosoo

sosoo 7+ Year Member

Aug 10, 2009
    my posts are observations based. i see other pharmacists doing it in this district thats why im asking. it's really beyond your knowledge. so hush and wait for someone who know what they're doing to respond. and u might learn something. / and no, this has nothing to do with "future scripts." so yes, wtf are u talking about?

8. vtrx2013

vtrx2013 2+ Year Member

Aug 14, 2013
    Run a Cashloss Report for 31 days.

sosoo likes this.
  9. wagrxm2000

wagrxm2000 2+ Year Member

Sep 17, 2014
    Remember kids, if you see someone else do it, it's perfectly legit to do it yourself. This includes selling expired drugs.

panicatthepharmacy likes this.
  10. owlegrad

owlegrad Uncontrollable Sarcasm Machine Staff Member SDN Administrator 7+ Year Member

It has to do with a monthly waiting bin inventory that CVS does. I never understood the purpose of running the cash loss report because who cares, but to each their own.

What confuses me is that OP could ask any pharmacist OR technician in his district and they could give him this info. Not that it's wrong to ask on sdn but this is really the type of thing that most people pick up from their co-workers.

PharmD500 likes this.
  11. wucool33

Jun 22, 2006
    I get the waiting bin part. In fact I just did it at 1am this morning.

What I don't get is this part "that way u don't have to wait a month to know the exact numbers?" Why does he need to wait a month?

owlegrad likes this.
  12. owlegrad

owlegrad Uncontrollable Sarcasm Machine Staff Member SDN Administrator 7+ Year Member

Well you don't know right away if you "passed" the waiting bin or if you need to repeat it, I think? Although you don't wait a month to get the result, so really you are right, I don't know what he is thinking of that takes a month to get.

13. wagrxm2000

Sep 17, 2014
    I always assume people don't want to look like fools in front of their co-workers. Most questions on here could be answered by co-workers, bosses, or school advisors. Sometimes I worry what people did before the internet.

PharmD500 and owlegrad like this.
  14. WVUPharm2007

WVUPharm2007 "Bubs Depot!" 10+ Year Member

Last month the stupid RF gun malfunctioned and I had to do it again. Yesterday was my third straight work Saturday stuck doing that gigantic waste of time.

owlegrad likes this.
  15. hye345

hye345 10+ Year Member

Nov 13, 2006
    Northern California
    The first (and last) time I ever heard of the cash-loss report was when my super asked us to print the 6-day ones, and call and/or RTS the cashed-out scripts, so that they would be dropped from the PCQ calls on day 7.

16. sosoo

sosoo 7+ Year Member

Aug 10, 2009
    especially when you're a floater or not a member of management, and have no control over it. if management is ok with selling expired scripts why not?

17. BidingMyTime

BidingMyTime Lost Shaker Of Salt 10+ Year Member

Oct 2, 2006
    Illinois
    Um, if everyone is jumping off a cliff, and your manager says it's OK, then I suppose you would still say "why not?"

18. wagrxm2000

Sep 17, 2014
    I really hope this is a joke.

PharmD500 and CetiAlphaFive like this.
  19. quickpic007

quickpic007

Sep 22, 2016
    as long its not printed on the stock bottle or unit of use box its ok right??

CetiAlphaFive likes this.
  20. wagrxm2000

Sep 17, 2014
    As long as there is no evidence, you are good to go!!!. I'd recommend throwing any white tablets that turn yellow away.

owlegrad and CetiAlphaFive like this.
  21. sosoo

sosoo 7+ Year Member

Aug 10, 2009
    currently that's what is happening. but the ppl jumping off are the customers, and management does the pushing. then again, i dont think u know the details of the story. do u know what you're arguing about?