Waiting for Board Results?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tiankum

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else waiting for the board results to come out from last weeks boards?

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah I'm waiting to hear from my recruiter, he said he would know within a few days.

Got the call today. Accepted and will be commissioned in October. Because it's late, I was told I would have to pay for the 1st semester, but would be reimbursed afterward. I will also receive the stipend, which they will apply after I am commissioned.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you guys talking about Navy or Army? When did the last Navy board meet? I am waiting to hear from my recruiter, but she said that she did not know when the board date was (or is going to be). Thanks!

Got the call today. Accepted and will be commissioned in October. Because it's late, I was told I would have to pay for the 1st semester, but would be reimbursed afterward. I will also receive the stipend, which they will apply after I am commissioned.

Same here. GO NAVY!

Wait, how were you called for Navy today when they ran out of scholarships almost a month ago?

I don't know where you heard that, but my recruiter called me today saying that the board convened and I was accepted for the 4 year scholarship. I won't be commissioned until October, nor will they be able to pay for my first semester, but I will be reimbursed. He said I will receive the benefits of the stipend right after I am commissioned as well as the $20,000 bonus. I have read all over this site that scholarships have run out too, but after receiving the call today, apparently that is not true, or we are missing some small details. I won't be commissioned until October, which is the next fiscal year, so maybe all this talk about scholarships is in regard to the previous fiscal year. I won't receive any financial aid until the next fiscal year.

I don't know where you heard that, but my recruiter called me today saying that the board convened and I was accepted for the 4 year scholarship. I won't be commissioned until October, nor will they be able to pay for my first semester, but I will be reimbursed. He said I will receive the benefits of the stipend right after I am commissioned as well as the $20,000 bonus. I have read all over this site that scholarships have run out too, but after receiving the call today, apparently that is not true, or we are missing some small details. I won't be commissioned until October, which is the next fiscal year, so maybe all this talk about scholarships is in regard to the previous fiscal year. I won't receive any financial aid until the next fiscal year.

Congrats, i know a couple of people that were supposed to commission in Oct but it got pushed back to March. Have faith it'll come through!

You're right in that you're receiving the scholarship for the next fiscal year. The current FY2010 has run out of HPSP scholarships, but now they are awarding scholarships for FY2011, which begins the 1st of October. If awarded a scholarship for FY2011, they will back pay for 1st semester/quarter tuition and begin your stipend on the 1st of October.

Congrats on receiving the scholarship and go Navy!

Congrats, i know a couple of people that were supposed to commission in Oct but it got pushed back to March. Have faith it'll come through!
Yea, that would be disappointing
You're right in that you're receiving the scholarship for the next fiscal year. The current FY2010 has run out of HPSP scholarships, but now they are awarding scholarships for FY2011, which begins the 1st of October. If awarded a scholarship for FY2011, they will back pay for 1st semester/quarter tuition and begin your stipend on the 1st of October.

Thanks for the clarification Junkie. That clears things up.

Do you have to tell your recruiter that you want to be considered for the 4 year from the FY2011??

No, they will just run the paperwork and if selected, it will be for the year they have scholarships available. And at this point, it appears to be 2010-2011 (October 2010).

Members don't see this ad :)
Spoke to Navy Recruiter in AZ...stated still around 20-25 4 year scholarships left...

Someone mentioned to me the other day that their recruiter told them that you only have 5 days to sign the paperwork if they offer you a scholarship. If this is true.. then how are there so many granted but unclaimed scholarships? Did anyones recruiter tell them what spot they had on the OML and if they are giving people at the top of that list a 4 year scholarship?

Someone mentioned to me the other day that their recruiter told them that you only have 5 days to sign the paperwork if they offer you a scholarship. If this is true.. then how are there so many granted but unclaimed scholarships? Did anyones recruiter tell them what spot they had on the OML and if they are giving people at the top of that list a 4 year scholarship?

I was told that the Army deals very differently with the OML than does the Navy. I have been told by multiple people that I'm number 5 on the list for the Navy...as of a couple of days ago. As for the Army, even if you're in the top ten right now, as more applications go in and are passed by the board, the list is reshuffled according to the point rankings you got during the board, so you could either go up or down on the list...depending on the competitiveness of the other applicants still applying. I'm not sure about the whole "unclaimed scholarships" thing...I would ask your recruiter or send Lt. Peterson on the Facebook "ask a navy dentist" if this is true. I asked what spot I was on the army OML but they were unable to answer.

Hope that helped

I am finishing up my 4 year Navy HPSP application as I type this. I've already been to MEPS and think I am officially done with the application.

For those of you who have heard from the Navy recently,

-How long after you submitted your application did the boards meet?

-How long after the boards met did you hear confirmation that you were being awarded the scholarship?

I'm trying for the October 1 commission for 4 year HPSP as well and am interested to see what kind of timeframe I'm working with here. Any help would be appreciated.

I am finishing up my 4 year Navy HPSP application as I type this. I've already been to MEPS and think I am officially done with the application.

For those of you who have heard from the Navy recently,

-How long after you submitted your application did the boards meet?

-How long after the boards met did you hear confirmation that you were being awarded the scholarship?

I'm trying for the October 1 commission for 4 year HPSP as well and am interested to see what kind of timeframe I'm working with here. Any help would be appreciated.
My final papers were submitted early April after I was declared physically qualified (which is just your papers from the physical being o.k.'ed). I started the application in late January/ early February. As you may have found out, it's a tedious process. I waited a couple weeks and didn't hear anything so I contacted my recruiter and he said we were just waiting for the board to convene and they do so every couple of weeks. I got the call from my recruiter last Friday, so they probably met and decided either Thursday or Friday. So wait at least two weeks, then contact your recruiter if you haven't heard anything. Just to see what's up or if he had heard anything. Just like applying to dental school, it takes patience.

I still haven't heard anything! I'm starting to feel a little discouraged. My app is complete and I'm physically qualified. I believe my recruiter submitted my packet to the final selection board in March... maybe early April. So why haven't I heard anything??? My recruiter is not, and has not been very helpful. I have contacted her twice this week and she doesnt have any information for me. I wonder if there is another way to check on my application.

Any suggestions or contacts you can give me will be greatly appreciated!

when do you guys sign and take the Oath? I called my recruiting office and they said Aug.... The Final Papers are not served until around then. Is that the same story for you guys?

Just talked to Lt. Peterson from the NRC and he specifically said that there were no 4 year scholarships left for the FY2010. They're trying to see if they can pull some funding from FY2011 to bring on more 4 year HPSPs for the graduating c/o 2014. Good luck everyone.

Last edited:
Just talked to Lt. Peterson from the NRC and he specifically said that there were no 4 year scholarships left for the FY2010. They're trying to see if they can pull some funding from FY2011 to bring on more 4 year HPSPs for the graduating c/o 2014. Good luck everyone.

I spoke with Lt. Peterson today too and he told me the same thing. Some recruiters (mine included) seem to have inaccurate info.

I spoke with Lt. Peterson today too and he told me the same thing. Some recruiters (mine included) seem to have inaccurate info.

From the "ask a navy dentist" discussion board on Facebook:

"There will be more HPSP for 2014 grads but the decision, as far as I know, hasn't been made as to when the HPSP will be available. Your recruiter should have the latest information on when the alternate 2014 grads will be brought onboard.

Funding from FY11 will not be pulled into FY10...it cannot! What might happen is that in FY11 NM MPT&E might front end load a few 2014 HPSP to start in October 2010. If this happens it means that the student would receive a full 4 year scholarship but the stipend will not start until the student is sworn in as an ENS.

Hope that helps.

R/CAPT Rinaudo"

Thought that could shed some light on the subject. Good luck everyone! I hope everyone on here either gets the 4 or 3 year scholarship:xf:.

Tiankum.... Great info thanks!

So according to posts above, the Navy started awarding HPSP for c/o 2014 commissioning in October? Correct?

Tiankum.... Great info thanks!

So according to posts above, the Navy started awarding HPSP for c/o 2014 commissioning in October? Correct?

That's what I'm trying to find out. I think they are still waiting to see if the people that have been selected will actually take the scholarship..as soon as they're all gone they're going to start taking more HPSPs off the waitlist...at least that's what I'm getting from talking with different officers in the Navy. I just want to know if/when they're going to bring on more funding for the 4 year HPSP so we can get a scholarship too.

Has anyone gotten any new info? I am still kinda lost because I have no idea where I stand on the OML or what the Army is doing with funding and scholarships. How do some people know that there are unclaimed scholarships that could still be awarded to others if the offers are declined? I wish there was somewhere where I could know how many spots are potentially still available and a date I would know by besides "later this summer". I have already been told the Army reshuffles the OML, but I feel like I have NO WAY of knowing where I stand!

Has anyone gotten any new info? I am still kinda lost because I have no idea where I stand on the OML or what the Army is doing with funding and scholarships. How do some people know that there are unclaimed scholarships that could still be awarded to others if the offers are declined? I wish there was somewhere where I could know how many spots are potentially still available and a date I would know by besides "later this summer". I have already been told the Army reshuffles the OML, but I feel like I have NO WAY of knowing where I stand!

I know there are unclaimed scholarships because I work with the people who run the program.

If and when you apply for residency, there will be an OML either in military or civilian. You will not be able to view or know where you stand that OML either. It is normal for everyone to be in the same boat about knowing they are on the OML but not know their specific number. Although it might be frustrating not knowing your OML number, everyone else is in the same boat on the OML.