Waiting for med school responses...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

asama527

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been complete since middle of September. But I've heard back from 4 med schools but 14 others just aren't responding. I'm worried that they might have forgotten about my applications. If they were going to interview or reject me, wouldn't I have heard by now?

Members don't see this ad.

No way man. Up till about now has been the early stuff. Right now is the biggining of the busiest time.

no. not necessarily. some schools reject a lot of applicants first before accepting people. others try to fill up pretty fast. i think it depends on the school. you know what they say: "no news is good news". schools can interview all the way till april or even may. so hang in there buddy. no reason to panic now. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
It's a lot of waiting. Interview offers or rejections come very slowly.

It was in the past 2 weeks that I got interview offers from Dartmouth, Wake Forest, and Mount Sinai, even though many others have got them months ago.

I have no idea how schools review apps, but I'm still waiting to hear back from 9 out of 22 schools I applied.

This is encouraging. I was beginning to wonder about a few of those schools. I thinkt they're just backlogged, shifting through thousands of applications.

This is encouraging. I was beginning to wonder about a few of those schools. I thinkt they're just backlogged, shifting through thousands of applications.:cool: