Aug 18, 2014
Status
Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
It's supposed to take up to 5 weeks, but I feel like everyone's app is getting processed quicker. I submitted my application last week, 08/27 and have heard nothing. Is anyone else waiting this long? The only thing that is making me nervous is for my verification of observation hours, I uploaded my sign in sheet that I used at all the clinics instead of using the electronic signature because it was less work for the PTs and I hate bugging people. Do you think that will be an issue?

RhinoDPT

2+ Year Member
Jul 19, 2015
Status
Pre-Physical Therapy
It could take them a bit longer to process your application since you sent in the paper form. I would call them and ask if it has arrived just to be sure that it is not slowing down your verification. Good luck!

Youit

2+ Year Member
Feb 25, 2015
Status
Pre-Physical Therapy
I E-submitted 8/11, transcripts were received 8/19 and they verified it 9/2 if that helps you with a timeline.

Reactions: spartanzube
May 19, 2015
Status
Pre-Physical Therapy
I esubmitted on 8/18, classes were entered by PTCAS 2 weeks later on 9/1 and I am approving my classes today.. Hoping the verification process won't take much longer than another couple weeks

May 19, 2015
Status
Pre-Physical Therapy
It's supposed to take up to 5 weeks, but I feel like everyone's app is getting processed quicker. I submitted my application last week, 08/27 and have heard nothing. Is anyone else waiting this long? The only thing that is making me nervous is for my verification of observation hours, I uploaded my sign in sheet that I used at all the clinics instead of using the electronic signature because it was less work for the PTs and I hate bugging people. Do you think that will be an issue?
it has not even been a full business week since 8/27 so I wouldn't stress

steveyk

7+ Year Member
Jul 27, 2011
Status
Physical Therapy Student
I E-submitted my app on a few days earlier than you (8/24) and it hasn't been verified yet. So don't stress! I noticed that some applicants who submitted in July and early August have been receiving verification emails after 2-3 weeks (which is much earlier than 4-5 weeks), but that's probably because the volume of applicants were a lot less compared to now (late August and so on). I'd say you just have to take care of that hours verification sheet you did on paper but everything else should be fine! Good luck.

aspiringDPT2019

2+ Year Member
Sep 9, 2015
Status
Pre-Physical Therapy
@catattack292 can you post when you get verified please? I submitted a few days after you and am trying to get an idea of when to expect verification

Aug 3, 2015
Status
Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
I submitted my app 2 weeks ago! Hoping to be verified by next week! Anyone know what day PTCAS is on in the verification process?

Apr 16, 2015
Status
Pre-Physical Therapy
I submitted on 8/18, my last transcript was received on 8/24, and my application was verified yesterday. So it took just over two weeks for everything to be verified! Hope this helps!

cyclingkayaker88

2+ Year Member
Aug 28, 2015
Status
Pre-Physical Therapy
I submitted my application on August 27th as well...and am waiting for my application to be verified as well. I have heard that 2 weeks is about the norm - so far. That would make sense that that timeline is going to be extended as more and more people are applying. I will let you know as soon as I hear any word.

steveyk

7+ Year Member
Jul 27, 2011
Status
Physical Therapy Student
Just updating you. I submitted on 8/24, ptcas verified my gpa and I got an email today (9/10). So it took 2.5 weeks! Hope your app is verified soon as well!

Phyline

2+ Year Member
Dec 4, 2014
NYC
Status
Pre-Physical Therapy
E-submitted on 8/29, still waiting :) Damn that long weekend!

Aug 3, 2015
Status
Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
Just updating you. I submitted on 8/24, ptcas verified my gpa and I got an email today (9/10). So it took 2.5 weeks! Hope your app is verified soon as well!
Betting on next week for the people who submitted on the 27th! :)

Aug 3, 2015
Status
Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
I submitted my application on August 27th as well...and am waiting for my application to be verified as well. I have heard that 2 weeks is about the norm - so far. That would make sense that that timeline is going to be extended as more and more people are applying. I will let you know as soon as I hear any word.
I submitted on August 27th but i just had to resubmit my app today for 1 error :'( Does this mean I have to wait until the September 11th people are verified? UGHHH

rl91

5+ Year Member
May 4, 2013
Status
Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
I know there's numerous threads about the same question, but I'm applying at UNTHSC, UTHSCSA and TWU. I'm still a bit confused about the deadlines. I'm almost done completing my PTCAS application. I'm just waiting for one more reference to fill out the form. I just sent my transcripts in which will take about two weeks for PTCAS to receive them. I understand the deadlines for like UNTHSC and other Texas schools are October 1st. Will i still be okay with submitting around this time? I'm trying to hit the priority deadline but from what i read on UNTHSC's website, the PTCAS should be submitted before the deadline but will i still be okay sine it takes several weeks to process??

Theres the PTCAS deadline and the "priority deadline" for UNTHSC and UTHSCSA, I'm asking if I'll still be okay with submitting around this time (Sept 11ish) and still meet that priority deadline since my PTCAs application is submitted before October 1st?

cyclingkayaker88

2+ Year Member
Aug 28, 2015
Status
Pre-Physical Therapy
Hey there friends. E-submitted on 8-27-2015...application was verified 9-11-15. So, it did take right around 2 weeks for those who are waiting. As for you BranBran, I am not sure what will happen. I had to put in a new observation hour request because I spelled the name of my PT's email address off by one letter, but it did not take long to get that verified. If you had to change one item, I am not sure if it will start the process completely over again - it may just need to be reviewed. In fact, one two occasions, I called the PTCAS system, and they were very helpful! You can also start by just emailing them (which the central email is located on the website) and they are fairly good about getting back to you in 24 hours.

As for you r191, I think that the application process has not quite *been* boggled down at this point in the game. So, remain optimistic and hopeful and patience (which is super hard during this stage). I imagine that applications will start to be more backed up in October or as the year moves on toward later deadlines. Just a thought.

Good luck everyone :)
And remember you worked hard to get here!

Aug 3, 2015
Status
Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
E submitted 8/27. Resubmitted due to error Sept 11th. GPA/Application Verified Sept 14th ! (If anyone was wondering where PTCAS is in their verification process currently) !!!

Reactions: aspiringDPT2019

rl91

5+ Year Member
May 4, 2013
Status
Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
So, I'm waiting for my hours of observation to be verified along with 1 more reference. I sent my transcripts already with the request form. I really want to submit asap. I'm trying to meet the Oct. 1st deadline of Texas schools, will I be okay still? and can i E-Submit without waiting for my hours to be verified and waiting for my reference or?

aspiringDPT2019

2+ Year Member
Sep 9, 2015
Status
Pre-Physical Therapy
I submitted on 8/31. Currently waiting for status update! Do they email when it has even verified or do you have to check online?? I'm getting anxious as 10/1 quickly approaches!!

Phyline

2+ Year Member
Dec 4, 2014
NYC
Status
Pre-Physical Therapy
Submitted on 8/30 - still waiting - but my undergrad is a weirdo, so it's probably taking a while to verify my grades.

May 19, 2015
Status
Pre-Physical Therapy
my application has been verified since 9/11, but I have not received verification from schools that they have received my submission... is this because I still have not submitted my GRE grades from ETS? I wanted to wait until after next week when I retake the GRE because my first attempt was so poor :/

skiflutept

7+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2011
Status
Pre-Physical Therapy
Submitted on 8/31 and still waiting as well. Based on the timeline of when people submitted and then got verified, I kind of thought today would be the day. Oh well. Maybe tomorrow...

jogu1551

5+ Year Member
Feb 25, 2013
Status
Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
Submitted on 8/31 and still waiting as well. Based on the timeline of when people submitted and then got verified, I kind of thought today would be the day. Oh well. Maybe tomorrow...
I thought the same! Sigh, anxiously waiting

Mtru6

2+ Year Member
Aug 25, 2015
esubmitted on 8/27 and was verified on 9/15. I received my email at 7am so they might be working longer than traditional 9-5 hours, if that helps.

Sep 14, 2015
Status
Pre-Physical Therapy
Does anyone know what the purpose of E-submitting early without all of your transcripts would be? They don't start processing your app until all of your transcripts are in anyway... and unfortunately, my last transcript was lost in the mail.

jogu1551

5+ Year Member
Feb 25, 2013
Status
Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
Does anyone know what the purpose of E-submitting early without all of your transcripts would be? They don't start processing your app until all of your transcripts are in anyway... and unfortunately, my last transcript was lost in the mail.
I'm wondering the same thing. I e-submitted 8/22 but my last transcript got verified on 9/1 and still waiting. Really irritating

Phyline

2+ Year Member
Dec 4, 2014
NYC
Status
Pre-Physical Therapy
Personally, peace of mind. I've clicked the button to e-submit, and there's nothing I can do now, except wait :D

Reactions: cyclingkayaker88

aspiringDPT2019

2+ Year Member
Sep 9, 2015
Status
Pre-Physical Therapy
Unfortunately, they're closed on the weekends. Was yours verified today?
Nope, I'm still waiting!! It's making me so anxious! Is anyone else having issues with individual programs emailing you back? I'm trying to verify that they have received all supplemental documents they need. Some schools are great about correspondence but others never get back to me.

Mar 15, 2015
Status
Pre-Physical Therapy
So frustrated....I submitted 8/30 and have still not been verified. I thought they verified in the order they receive the applications :(

jogu1551

5+ Year Member
Feb 25, 2013
Status
Pre-Rehab Sci [General]
So frustrated....I submitted 8/30 and have still not been verified. I thought they verified in the order they receive the applications :(
Did you have all your transcripts in prior? Along with paying the ptcas fees?

socalboy7

2+ Year Member
Jul 2, 2015
Status
Pre-Physical Therapy
I submitted August 29 and am still not verified :annoyed: All of my documents were obtained by the time I submitted as well. This is very frustrating since I have a few rolling admission schools I applied to.

skiflutept

7+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2011
Status
Pre-Physical Therapy
Verified this morning!

katelly

2+ Year Member
Apr 3, 2015
Status
Pre-Physical Therapy
This seems like a huge oversight on my part, but I'm having a mild panic attack that I have misunderstood the way the PTCAS deadlines work. help clarify this for me!
My first deadline is Oct. 1st. I submitted 9/9 I think. I knew at the time that it wasn't the full 5-6 weeks early to give them to process it. but PTCAS says the deadline is the day it has to be in to PTCAS, which I took to mean that was the day we were responsible for getting everything to them by, not the day that they need to have processed it by. I know they make a big point about applying early. Did I totally screw myself by not getting it in in time for them to have it processed by the 1st or was my initial understanding correct?? Please reassure me that I didn't screw up on this!!

(I also have hours that still need to be verified! yikes!)

ptdude66

2+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2015
Status
Pre-Physical Therapy
This seems like a huge oversight on my part, but I'm having a mild panic attack that I have misunderstood the way the PTCAS deadlines work. help clarify this for me!
My first deadline is Oct. 1st. I submitted 9/9 I think. I knew at the time that it wasn't the full 5-6 weeks early to give them to process it. but PTCAS says the deadline is the day it has to be in to PTCAS, which I took to mean that was the day we were responsible for getting everything to them by, not the day that they need to have processed it by. I know they make a big point about applying early. Did I totally screw myself by not getting it in in time for them to have it processed by the 1st or was my initial understanding correct?? Please reassure me that I didn't screw up on this!!

(I also have hours that still need to be verified! yikes!)
take a deep breath. you are fine. oct first is the date that it has to be in ptcas. the only bad thing about not applying earlier is that it might have hurt you with rolling admissions. but if you have the stats, then u are fine.

Reactions: katelly

katelly

2+ Year Member
Apr 3, 2015
Status
Pre-Physical Therapy
Thank you ptdude! thats what I thought, its easy to just get worked up with deadlines closing in!

Sep 8, 2015
Status
Pre-Physical Therapy
Any updates? My last transcript was received on 9/4 and I am playing the waiting game as well.

ajc4cz

2+ Year Member
Jul 21, 2015
Status
Pre-Physical Therapy
Any updates? My last transcript was received on 9/4 and I am playing the waiting game as well.
I called today and they are verifying the 9/3 submissions, so you should be tomorrow or the next day at the latest!

Phyline

2+ Year Member
Dec 4, 2014
NYC
Status
Pre-Physical Therapy
I called today and they are verifying the 9/3 submissions, so you should be tomorrow or the next day at the latest!
Would they be able to tell me whether they're close to verifying my particular application? This makes me nervous.