Waiting for PTCAS verification

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
No need to be nervous! As long as you have all of your materials in by the deadline, you should be good! I'm sure if you called they might give you a ballpark guess of when they will get to yours!

Members don't see this ad.

Submitted all of my materials 9/4. I am still waiting for verification, but am guessing that will come Friday at the latest considering they are doing 9/3 today.

As long as everyone has their materials submitted to PTCAS by the deadline you are fine so no need to stress :)

Hey guys. I submitted my transcript 9/4 and was verified today (10/1) ! :)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Last transcript arrived 9/2, verified today 10/1!!!

PTCAS GPA is a bit lower than I calculated myself or than what my undergrad calculated, I wonder why that is.

Still very frustrated that my application hasn't been verified. I had everything submitted by 8/31. I just called PTCAS and all the girl could tell me was that it takes up to 4-5 weeks to verify and they verify in order of submission - which is not news to me. Still doesn't answer my question of why people who submitted a couple days after me already have their applications verified :sorry:

They finally calculated my GPA after I submitted on 9/5....Do any of you know if my PTCAS GPA should include a dual enrollment course I took in high school that I ended up failing? I thought they did not include any courses completed during high school??

Edit: Just called PTCAS and they just read whatever was on their FAQ section like if I hadn't read that prior to calling.

They finally calculated my GPA after I submitted on 9/5....Do any of you know if my PTCAS GPA should include a dual enrollment course I took in high school that I ended up failing? I thought they did not include any courses completed during high school??

Edit: Just called PTCAS and they just read whatever was on their FAQ section like if I hadn't read that prior to calling.

I've called PTCAS and I've never really found them all that helpful. One time, in particular, the person came off as very rude and it sounded like they were chomping on gum. Emailing them is even more useless. All you ever get is a cut and paste response and if you reply to the generic response they never answer back.

Mine was finally verified today!
I submitted 09/8 so it took exactly 4 weeks

I also just got verified! I submitted 9/8 also!

I submitted on 9/9 and got verified today (10/6). I had all of my transcripts and letters submitted and verified ahead of time.

Thanks for the updates! I submitted 9/10, so I'm hoping tomorrow is my day! :)

They verify before receiving GRE scores, correct? I submitted on 9/25, but I don't take the GRE until this Thursday.

They verify before receiving GRE scores, correct? I submitted on 9/25, but I don't take the GRE until this Thursday.

I'm not sure about that. I took my GRE in June and my letters and transcripts were all submitted in July or August. So all of my stuff was in before I e-submitted. I applied to 10 schools and had a ton of essays to do, so that's what took me so long to get the rest of my app submitted.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think I found me answer. It looks like they will complete the verification, but my school won't do anything on their end until they get the GRE scores. It looks like verification is taking about 4 weeks and according to ETS is takes 15 days for official scores to arrive so I think my school will have my completed application packet before the end of the month.

"PTCAS will consider an application complete and ready for transcript verification, once the following items are received:

• Complete PTCAS application

• Official transcripts from every regionally accredited United States institution attended

• Correct PTCAS application fee

PTCAS will also accept up to 4 letters of reference, signed PT observation hours forms, TOEFL scores, official GRE scores sent via the Educational Testing Service (ETS), and foreign transcript evaluation reports from World Education Services (WES), as required by participating programs. PTCAS does not hold applications for these missing documents, and individual programs will not consider applicants with missing materials"

I was verified this morning! :) I submitted on 9/10, so 1 day short of 4 weeks.

I don't know if you any of you could answer this. I submitted my application 10/01 (most of the schools have 12/1 deadlines). All my transcripts arrived 10/7. However, the one PT still has not submitted her reference yet, but will they verify it before 2 LORs are in?

Still waiting for verification. Submitted on 9/19 :/

Does anyone know the current status of PTCAS verification? All my transcripts were in on 9/21!

I would imagine you have a week or more left. Mine took 4 weeks, and it was submitted on 9/8.

My app was finally verified today! Submitted on 9/19. All of my transcripts, LORs, and hours were submitted and verified ahead of time.

Last edited:
Mine was verified as well. Submitted 9/19 also.

I entered in "BA 201" instead of "BI 201" to my coursework when I submitted my app. I am expecting an error to occur when PTCAS verifies my transcript. How long does it take for them to re-verify after I fix it?

I submitted my application on 9/23 and just received a message that there was an error and something needed to be updated. I updated this and have resubmitted, does this mean I no longer meet the October 1 submission deadline? I live 12 time zones ahead of EST at the moment, so reaching PTCAS by phone is rather difficult.

Last edited:
I submitted mine 9/20 and got verified 10/15. So it took about 3 weeks and 4 days.

Submitted: 9/25
Verified: 10/20

Last edited:
Finally verified! Submitted 9/27, verified 10/21

I entered in "BA 201" instead of "BI 201" to my coursework when I submitted my app. I am expecting an error to occur when PTCAS verifies my transcript. How long does it take for them to re-verify after I fix it?
I submitted mine 10/01
They emailed me back 11/01 saying I entered some course work wrong. I fixed it and resent it 11/2 and they verified it later that day!

Sorry for this message, however I am a first time applicant.

Does this message mean that my application has been verified or just my transcript?

"This is an automated email regarding the status of your PTCAS application. PTCAS has verified your file."

PTCAS received my Transcript on 9/02

I E-Submitted on 10/31 and had received the message above on 11/10.

Does that mean my application is verified and I now just have to wait for schools to hear back? A week and a half seems quick after E-Submitting! How long has it taken for schools to receive your information from PTCAS after this message?