Waiting for UCD!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brownie1989

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey!

I just wanted to see how many people are actually waiting for UCD for a acceptance or rejection.. write back!!

Also how would you know if you were on the waiting list?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

i'm still waiting to hear back from them for the 6-year program

i was hoping to hear from them this week sometime but who knows.

i don't think any of the 6-year applicants were given offers in the first round, but the people at Atlantic Bridge told me that I haven't been rejected yet and they would continue to give out acceptances and rejections over the next few months.. :(

hopefully we'll hear from them soon!
the suspense is killing me

Count me in. Hey, does anyone know when the next round of offers go out?

Members don't see this ad :)
just got a reply from Atlantic bridge:

"UCD will be issuing their second round of offers imminently.

We are still in the early stages of this admissions season, so
there is still every reason to be hopeful. We have a long way to go yet."

good luck guys! :thumbup:

hang in there. back when i applied, i didn't hear until june 23rd about my acceptance, so it does happen

My acceptance wasn't till Aug 14 for starting in Sept......

Goose - Did you not take the offer then? As well - would anyone know how many spots UCD has for international students?

Sigh. Me too. Still waiting on UCD, Trinity and UCC. GEP though.
I am still hopeful, but the wait is driving me nuts, and this is likely to go on well into the summer:scared: It seems that just when i get myself busy enough to forget about it, somone has to ask me "so have you heard from Ireland yet??" Argh.

I think I need a support group...

Sigh. Me too. Still waiting on UCD, Trinity and UCC. GEP though.
I am still hopeful, but the wait is driving me nuts, and this is likely to go on well into the summer:scared: It seems that just when i get myself busy enough to forget about it, somone has to ask me "so have you heard from Ireland yet??" Argh.

I think I need a support group...

HAHA! i know exactly what you mean..
i hate people asking me if i've heard from ireland yet..
and then they give me this sympathetic look
i swear some of them think that i've gotten rejected but i'm just in denial or something...

hopefully we'll all hear something soon!!
:luck:

Last edited:
Goose - Did you not take the offer then? As well - would anyone know how many spots UCD has for international students?
Redlan: sorry should have clarified, I did take the offer (had two weeks to quit my job, tell friends & fam but I figured why not? :)

FYI, UCD class is ~220: 100 Irish, 100 Malaysian, 20 North American (16 CDN, 4 US)

Redlan: sorry should have clarified, I did take the offer (had two weeks to quit my job, tell friends & fam but I figured why not? :)

FYI, UCD class is ~220: 100 Irish, 100 Malaysian, 20 North American (16 CDN, 4 US)

Only 16 Canadians :wow:? Where are you getting your stats from? That is a scary number because I think a lot of people have been accepted already according to premed 101 and SDN. Also, just out of curiosity why so many Malaysians?

Only 16 Canadians :wow:? Where are you getting your stats from? That is a scary number because I think a lot of people have been accepted already according to premed 101 and SDN. Also, just out of curiosity why so many Malaysians?
Rough stats from saying "hey" to fellow Cdns in my class most days. It might be one or two more/less either way, we only really ever stopped to count once and I forget what our final number was but it was around ~15-16.

This specific entry year may be more with double-cohort of GEP.

Most of the Malaysians are here for 2.5 years of pre-clinical & here for same reason as we are, UCD wants our 27k euro :)

Members don't see this ad :)
16 CANADIANS !?!

Ok. Hopes gone.

My curiosity was piqued by my own last post so I did the count with a friend: 13 CDNs, 3 US in 5-year prog this year, other upper years similar to our knowledge.

As I said before GEP may be bigger double-cohort this year, we have no info on this AND as I said before I got in on Aug 14 and a prev. poster said June 23 so hope is not gone.

Wouldn't hurt to write a brief, kind note to Mr Keenan (if you haven't already done so) asking your status.

Good luck to all.

Hey,

UCD has told me that they will send their second round of acceptances to ABP by the end of this week.. cross your fingers people!!!!

Also I applied back before the Nov.11th deadline, I have been rejected from Trinity, and UCC. RCSI I have interview at the end of the month. UCD as Mr. Keenan has said, I haven't been rejected or accepted to date, to me that is a very good sign!!!! Hopefully the fedex guy will be here next week!!!!!

Yes I know I am being optimistic!!!!

Wish you all the best of luck!!! If not UCD then RCSI for me!!!!!!
:luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

Congrats on your interview with RSCI!
I believe that if they give you an interview then you'll most likely be accepted, that's how they roll.

In regards to UCD ... Mr. Keenan says that to everyone, it's a copy and paste

"you haven't been rejected up to date, that's a good sign ... there's every reason to be hopeful."

That's what he said to a whole bunch of people about Trinity College, then bang, this week a whole bunch of us got rejected.

Point is ... remember, only 20 north americans.

Yaa I think RCSI does do that... but still i hear its a 50% chance to get in after the interview....

I still find it hard to believe that only 20 North Americans do get in??? It seems that for RCSI there are more spots!! SDN and PREMED101 are full with North Americans who have been accepted!

I can feel it, UCD Fedex is coming for me!!! haha

Congrats on your interview with RSCI!
I believe that if they give you an interview then you'll most likely be accepted, that's how they roll.

In regards to UCD ... Mr. Keenan says that to everyone, it's a copy and paste

"you haven't been rejected up to date, that's a good sign ... there's every reason to be hopeful."

That's what he said to a whole bunch of people about Trinity College, then bang, this week a whole bunch of us got rejected.

Point is ... remember, only 20 north americans.

And I was trying so hard to forget. :(

Yaa I think RCSI does do that... but still i hear its a 50% chance to get in after the interview....

I still find it hard to believe that only 20 North Americans do get in??? It seems that for RCSI there are more spots!! SDN and PREMED101 are full with North Americans who have been accepted!

I can feel it, UCD Fedex is coming for me!!! haha

I'm with you Brownie1989! :thumbup:

I also choose blind optimism...sure beats the hell out of the alternative.:laugh:

so mr. keenan says ( i feel like that's a real popular phrase these days )
that UCD has done 2 rounds of offers and MAY do more depending on the number of students who deny their admissions, so i would say if you haven't been rejected by UCD at this point, you're all on the good waitlist.

so mr. keenan says ( i feel like that's a real popular phrase these days )
that UCD has done 2 rounds of offers and MAY do more depending on the number of students who deny their admissions, so i would say if you haven't been rejected by UCD at this point, you're all on the good waitlist.

Did he say when those rounds will go out? I think I read somewhere else that it may be this week.

i believe they're all out and those who are accepted should have received them or latest, tomorrow. it takes no time for ABP to fedex it to us.

Do you know if they decided on the acceptances yesterday and/or today? I just emailed Mr.Keenan on Monday, and I'm wondering if there might be a possible acceptance since I last contacted him.

hey u guys!

im jus wondering what the chances areof being accepted if you haven't been rejected yet?? I'm still waiting for UCD and RCSI Brahmain... haven't heard antyhing yet.. and i know second round of acceptaces and rejections have gone out... please let me know... thanks in advance

I'm still waiting on UCD, UCC and RCSI...I got the big AXE from Trinity just a couple days ago. That was sad:'(

I'm still waiting on UCD, UCC and RCSI...I got the big AXE from Trinity just a couple days ago. That was sad:'(

Ditto. I'm starting to lose all hope guys. Studying for next Friday's MCAT is just that much harder.

Please, please send me an acceptance UCD; then I don't have to take this stressful test again!

UCD said they will send out all their rejections next week, keeping some students for reserves in case people withdraw, but expect a "BUNCH" of rejections letters.

It will be their first ( and sounds like their only ) round of rejections.

I called the admissions office directly

soo... did anyone hear from them yet?

i was trying not to get too preoccupied today waiting for the mail..
but unfortunately.. nothing.

god i hope i don't get a rejection next week.

UCD said they will send out all their rejections next week, keeping some students for reserves in case people withdraw, but expect a "BUNCH" of rejections letters.

It will be their first ( and sounds like their only ) round of rejections.

I called the admissions office directly

They are going to start send out rejections to everyone next week who is not on the reserve waitlist.

Hey Maserati,

Did the mention if you were getting a rejection or not when you called them?
Next week is going to be nerve-wrecking!

They could not release any info over the phone ( stupid rules ).
They wouldn't pull out my file and give it a look.

They will start to send out the mass load of first and only round of rejections next week, but it will obviously take sometime before that's coordinated with ABP and for snailmail to reach us. Next week should still be fairly calm.

I emailed Mr. Keenan and he said that so far he has not received any rejection news for me yet. Hopefully that means I am not one of the rejections from UCD but maybe UCD hasn't told ABP about them yet. Here is to hoping for the best!!

That is what UCD told me - UCD has not sent out their big batch of rejections to ABP yet, they will start doing that next week.

UCD is done with their rounds of offers. FINISHED.
They will only keep a handful of students on reserve in case people withdraw near the end of the summer.

The rest of us will be getting rejection letters.

That is what UCD told me - UCD has not sent out their big batch of rejections to ABP yet, they will start doing that next week.

UCD is done with their rounds of offers. FINISHED.
They will only keep a handful of students on reserve in case people withdraw near the end of the summer.

The rest of us will be getting rejection letters.

I don't know about you guys, but its going to be a looooong weekend.

Sigh.

ucd will send out their first? and only round of rejections next week?

i thought ucd had already rejected people? I emailed mr keenan last week asking if i was rejected or accepting in the second round n he told me that i wasn't accepted n not rejected yet either? so there actually weren't any rejections then?? n here i was thinking hmm maybe there's a chance... if i wasn't rejected yet?

ucd will send out their first? and only round of rejections next week?

i thought ucd had already rejected people? I emailed mr keenan last week asking if i was rejected or accepting in the second round n he told me that i wasn't accepted n not rejected yet either? so there actually weren't any rejections then?? n here i was thinking hmm maybe there's a chance... if i wasn't rejected yet?

That's exactly what I was thinking.
Then UCD said that they've kept all the rejections in a big bin.

That's exactly what I was thinking.
Then UCD said that they've kept all the rejections in a big bin.

So, none of these rejections were given to ABP all this time? Couldn't it be that ABP was aware all this time of who was rejected, but we were not informed unless we asked them directly? (I really hope this is the case).

After emailing Mr.Keenan, did anyone out there get the response that they did not make it into UCD?

hmm that sucksss! but wouldn't mr keenan say that there haven't been any rejections send out yet? has anyone reading this been rejected from ucd??

hey anybody hear anything from ucd this week so far?

I just got an acceptance from them yesterday!

I got an acceptance from UCD today!
Pretty sure i'll be turning down trinity for UCD...
Good luck everybody, there's still hope!

hey cytofabulous, and kcmphk.. what were ur stats like? n was it for the four year program? please let me know.. :) thanks so much

Congrats guys (esp. Cytofabulous, we know how much you wanted UCD) Also, did you happen to email Mr.Keenan recently? If so, is that how you received the news?

Anything new on the UCD front? Any rejections, acceptances recently?

Come on guys! I know you're out there.

:hello:

got into ucd about a month and a half ago and accepted. had a 38 mcat. lots of gpa's- undergrad 3.0, postbacc 4.0, science 3.7, overall 3.3.

activitieswise- physician shadows, worked in a hospital, researched for four months, community volunteer in a few programs both in undergrad and in postbacc program.