Waiting Verification of Observation Hours

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

abynormal

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
My observation hours for some have not been verified yet. Should I resend?

Members don't see this ad.

Follow up with your physical therapists! You can't resend yourself, you have to call PTCAS if the email got lost somehow.

posting incase others need t see from ptcas facebook page

If a reference has not received the PTCAS email within fifteen minutes after you saved the individual’s email address on your application, follow these steps:

(1) Confirm that you correctly entered your evaluator’s email address on your application.
(2) Ask your evaluator to check any junk-mail or spam folders.
(3) Request that your evaluator add [email protected] to their “Safe” list, or temporarily remove spam or junk-mail filters from their e-mail service.

If your evaluator still has not received the e-mail, ask him/her to send an email to [email protected] with the subject “Reference Login Request”. PTCAS will only send the login message to the email address on file in your PTCAS application.

If the email has still not been received, you should ask for an alternate email address for the evaluator, delete the reference from your application, and then re-enter it with the new email address. Contact [email protected] with additional questions.

ADDITIONAL TIPS ABOUT SPAM:
some e-mail providers use filters to prevent users from receiving “Spam” (unsolicited, junk e-mail), and these e-mail filters may incorrectly interpret an e-mail from PTCAS as “Spam” and automatically delete it (or set as “Junk”). To avoid missing important PTCAS e-mails, turn the “Spam” or “junk” e-mail filters off during the application cycle. If your e-mail provider does not allow you to turn the filter off, you may have access to a “junk mail file” that archives all messages identified as sent to multiple addresses. Periodically check your Spam/junk e-mail file for PTCAS or program related messages. If you do not currently have an e-mail address or are unable to turn off the Spam/junk filters described, please establish a new e-mail account.

Members don't see this ad :)
Verification request is separate from reference request.

I was having trouble getting customer service on phone but was finally able to get someone, indeed it was a quick click for them to resend.

Thank you.

I just uploaded my sign in sheets from the clinics I shadowed at. Do any of you have experience verifying hour that way? PTCAS said that was just fine, but its been over a week since I submitted my application and they still haven't verified the hours from the sheets.

I was having trouble getting customer service on phone but was finally able to get someone, indeed it was a quick click for them to resend.

Thank you.
I sent out my verification request to my physical therapist as well, but she says she has not received the email from PTCAS. She said she checked her junk mail as well, and it wasn't there. What should I do now? Should I call PTCAS and tell them about my situation and hopefully resend the verification email to my physical therapist?

Yup, exactly that. You might be on hold for like half an hour, and then 30 seconds to resend the email, haha.

Yup, exactly that. You might be on hold for like half an hour, and then 30 seconds to resend the email, haha.
Alright, will do! Thanks for the help! I sent an e-mail out to PTCAS as well just in case they respond sooner, but I'll definitely call as soon as possible.

I first attempted via email to PTCAS but received an automated response that still did not help me resend. Calling is better and yes to Phyline, on hold for 30 minutes and a quick 30 seconds to resend. I also followed up with personal emails to the PTs.

Reactions: 1 user
You guys were right about everything! I also got an automated response that did not help me at all. I just called and was on hold for 30 minutes and it did take just 30 seconds to resend. Thanks for the help! I appreciate it very much.

Reactions: 1 user
I just uploaded my sign in sheets from the clinics I shadowed at. Do any of you have experience verifying hour that way? PTCAS said that was just fine, but its been over a week since I submitted my application and they still haven't verified the hours from the sheets.

Cat, that's how I am verifying my hours too. I didn't realize that PTCAS will have to verify your uploaded sheet once you put it into the system? Did you end up getting them verified from PTCAS to get an idea of turn around? Thnx.