1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Waiting.....

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by yosemite419, Nov 17, 2005.

1. yosemite419

yosemite419 Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Anyone have any advice on how to reduce stress while waiting for a decision from a med school? I find out tomorrow about Tucom - MI and am so incredibly stressed.....Thanks!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DODO

DODO Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Yeah just relax. What is done is done and you can't change anything. Just know that you gave it your best and now it is out of your hands, best of luck. GO do something fun!

4. Women and booze are known to work. :) J/K Sorry, to say but I wasn't able to find anything. You just have to ride it out and kill time, like cruising SDN. It does get better though. After a few times waiting I got good at it. If I received a phone message during dinner from an adcom I could keep eating and do some dishes before I listened to it. Or I would go several days w/o checking my mailbox. Let us know if you figure out a good way to deal with the anxiety.

5. OSUdoc08

OSUdoc08 Membership Revoked
    Removed

Medical Student
    Get some ASSS

(alcohol, sex, sports, & sleep)

6. BluesClues32

BluesClues32 Member
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    My advice...don't wait around to hear the news. TUCOM-MI didnt email me until AFTER the admissions office closed. :-( This was extremely painful since I live on the East Coast and didnt get the email until 8:15!!

7. dr.z

Physician 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Try not to think about it.

8. Jezzielin

Jezzielin Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical

Why didn't I think of that! :laugh: j/k!

It is so hard not to think about this. I am on 7 weeks since my interview and 3-4 since my August scores got in. "Coming any day." they say.

I am more full of anticipation than I am worrying about it.

Yosemite, PM me if you want to wait together or anything... I know how stressful this is!

9. fitnessexpert

fitnessexpert Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I find that working out is great way (and proven) to relieve stress. It doesn't have to be very crazy if you aren't really into working out. I teach every fitness class under the sun, so if you want some relaxation techniques, PM me I will send you some. Not crazy Yoga just stuff to get your head cleared. I wouldn't promote drinking, but sex is an amazing workout and stress reliever.

:scared: