Waitlist at JHU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bigbaubdi

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I heard that acceptances off the waitlist might not be going out until June or so? Does anyone have any info on that?

Members don't see this ad.

If you're still interested in Hopkins, be sure to send a letter expressing your interest. Also update the admissions committee on your grades and any achievements since you submitted your AMCAS application, even if you discussed them during your interview.

Your place on the list is flexible until you receive a letter saying what tier you'll be in -- so if you're serious about Hopkins, fight to get into that top tier.

In past years, Hopkins has started taking people off the list from late May through the end of July. They only draw from the top tier of the list. Historically, Hopkins accepts a conservative number of applicants, meaning that ~40 offers will go out to people on the waiting list.

Hang in there,
doepug (MS IV, Hopkins)

Hey doepug!

When I interviewed at Hopkins, I really loved it there. I am waiting for a decision in mid-April. Do you think my chances for admission are hurt becayse I interviewed so late (3/5)? I got waitlisted at UPenn, but an acceptance from Hopkins would definitely make me happy. Although I do love UPenn, Hopkins really impressed me and I felt so comfortable there. It has a great student atmosphere and the clinical experience is unparalleled. My interviews went well, mainly because, my interviewers were so great and receptive. Anyway, I would love to go to Hopkins as it is a very close 2nd to UPenn and definitely is better in some aspects. Do you think my chances are reasonable? I sent thank you letters/e-mails to my interviewers, but can I do anything else before I hear to help my chances of getting in? I would really appreciate any advice. I am just so worried than I will be outrightly rejected if not waitlisted. I have had a few friends outrightly rejected who thought their interviews went well, so I do not know how to gauge my chances. All I know is that Hopkins really left a great impression on me. The first years are so cool. I and a fellow interviewer beat them 5 times in pool. The fourth years are the coolest I have met. I do not know where the whole competitive stereotype got started (maybe related to the undergrad), but the students are so cooperative and are very good friends.

Hey bigbaubdi!

I wish you the best of luck in getting into Hopkins. I think I saw you were also on the Tier 1 waitlist at UPenn. Hopefully, we will both get off that waitlist. If we do not, but we get into Hopkins, well, Hopkins is no consolation prize. Good luck with everything! Do not lose hope. I have been deferred from early decision and then waitlisted at UPenn, so I will be in limbo for a while at UPenn. Just show your continued interest as doepug mentioned and you will be okay. :) :clap:

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by doepug
If you're still interested in Hopkins, be sure to send a letter expressing your interest. Also update the admissions committee on your grades and any achievements since you submitted your AMCAS application, even if you discussed them during your interview.

Your place on the list is flexible until you receive a letter saying what tier you'll be in -- so if you're serious about Hopkins, fight to get into that top tier.

In past years, Hopkins has started taking people off the list from late May through the end of July. They only draw from the top tier of the list. Historically, Hopkins accepts a conservative number of applicants, meaning that ~40 offers will go out to people on the waiting list.

Hang in there,
doepug (MS IV, Hopkins)

Doe, when is the best time to send such a letter of continued interest? Now or in a few weeks?

CCW