Waitlist c/o 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Heard back from Tufts...now waitlisted at both of my top choices :confused:

At least Tufts doesn't do ranking so I still have time to improve my application. Question is, how?!
Improve your application from now until April or whenever you hear?
I am waitlisted at my top choices too, and Auburn said in their alternate email not to contact them to find out your ranking :(

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm guessing whenever I hear? The wonderful lady at the admission said that I can continue send in stuff to attach to my application, but they won't review the alternate applications until after April 17th IF they have any open seats.

I'm guessing whenever I hear? The wonderful lady at the admission said that I can continue send in stuff to attach to my application, but they won't review the alternate applications until after April 17th IF they have any open seats.
Just like mail stuff to their school? hmmm I wonder if the schools I was waitlisted too also do that. You should get some volunteer experience in the meantime!

Members don't see this ad :)
Ugh I wish the schools I am waitlisted at did that. I've done over 800 additional vet/animal experience hours (the weakest part of my app) since I submitted. :bang:

Ugh I wish the schools I am waitlisted at did that. I've done over 800 additional vet/animal experience hours (the weakest part of my app) since I submitted. :bang:
Same! I started volunteering at a shelter, joined a research group, and got a part time job all after I submitted my application :/

Reactions: 1 users
Just like mail stuff to their school? hmmm I wonder if the schools I was waitlisted too also do that. You should get some volunteer experience in the meantime!
Anything by e-mail is accepted, apparently. Which is great, I'm really grateful for that. I think I'll be getting large animal experience since that's my weakest area on my application!

Waitlisted at Cornell and Wisconsin. I don't think I'll go to Wisconsin (plus I am very low on the list so unlikely I will be called off), but Cornell is one of my top choices. I don't want to be too positive about Cornell and they don't let us know our position on the waitlist, but still it will be awesome if I get in!!

Waitlisted OOS at both Iowa State and Washington State. I've heard WSU doesn't rank so they pull from any part of the waitlist, but I'm not sure about ISU. Feeling pretty nervous! Good luck to everyone!

Waitlisted at both Davis and Georgia. I'm really hoping for Davis though. It's moving a little too slow for me so I'm getting worried.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Waitlisted at both Davis and Georgia. I'm really hoping for Davis though. It's moving a little too slow for me so I'm getting worried.

I know the waitlist has moved at least 5 spaces as I know someone who was #5 and got in. Has it moved more than that? I'm hoping you get in!

Members don't see this ad :)
I know the waitlist has moved at least 5 spaces as I know someone who was #5 and got in. Has it moved more than that? I'm hoping you get in!
Are some schools already taking people off waitlists?? That's really great! For Western, I was under the impression that they are not moving up any alternates until April 15th deadline...

Are some schools already taking people off waitlists?? That's really great! For Western, I was under the impression that they are not moving up any alternates until April 15th deadline...
I believe every school is different. For UC Davis, when someone declines their position, the waitlist automatically moves and the next person is able to accept/decline an offer!

I believe every school is different. For UC Davis, when someone declines their position, the waitlist automatically moves and the next person is able to accept/decline an offer!

Well that just makes too much sense

Reactions: 14 users
Yeah definitely depends on the school. Places like Illinois basically can't call anyone until after the decision date because they invite more people than they expect to accept. It's definitely possible for places that invite just the number they want in their class to start the waitlist immediately after they start hearing from people.

Last edited:
How is the waitlist for Ohio anyone know?

How is the waitlist for Ohio anyone know?

Last year they waaaay over-accepted OOS (see a page back in this thread). IS moved a little last year, but I think less than usual. If I had to guess, I'd say they're probably being conservative in their estimates and initial invites to avoid that issue again. The Ohio c/o 2019 and c/o 2018 threads would be useful to look at if you haven't already :)

Thank you @Coopah and @bombai ! Ya it has moved 8 spots now so I'm #10. I really appreciate how Davis does give you your number so you're not too in the dark.

Reactions: 4 users
Waitlisted OOS at both Iowa State and Washington State. I've heard WSU doesn't rank so they pull from any part of the waitlist, but I'm not sure about ISU. Feeling pretty nervous! Good luck to everyone!
I'm wait listed for both WSU and ISU too! I'm nervous to see where I am on the ISU wait list.

Good luck!

Thank you @Coopah and @bombai ! Ya it has moved 8 spots now so I'm #10. I really appreciate how Davis does give you your number so you're not too in the dark.

Yay! Only 10 more to go!!!!! It's only March. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping :).

Reactions: 2 users
Waitlisted for Midwestern, who of course is where I want to go cause why would things be easy :heckyeah:

I know the list moves a lot though,so I'm anxious but not TOO anxious. But I'll probably have to put money down at Lincoln by April 17th, and wait for Midwestern to give me a call.

Has anyone have news about the virginia OOS waiting list or if someone has been call out of it?

Does anyone know if Ohio lets applicants on the wait list know as other applicants decline their seats? Or do they have to wait until after April 15th?

Wait listed at ISU and Midwestern, ISU is my contract school so I'm impatiently waiting for April 4th for my number on the list. I can't even think about Midwestern wait list... not having a number so not going my decision any easier

Just thought I'd chime in about ISU really quickly. They do rank the waitlist but your rank will not be available to you until closer to the April deadline, and I believe that it will be displayed to you on your portal (not 100% sure because I wasn't personally waitlisted last year and they seem to be changing things up a bit this cycle but that's how I understand it to work). So that's about when you can start expecting to hear back if you're accepted off of the waitlist.

I can also tell you that they historically blaze through the OOS waitlist at around that time as many accepted students will decline their offers for other schools so you still have anywhere from a very good to fair chance of getting in at that point depending on your spot. For IS and contract states... I'd expect a small amount of movement but not nearly as much as for OOS.

Can anyone tell me how much the Oklahoma State OOS wait list moves?

Can anyone tell me how much the Oklahoma State OOS wait list moves?

No previous experience but I can tell you that it's my back-up school I've been accepted to and I'll give up my seat (OOS) at the drop of an acceptance from Ohio State :D I get the impression many people feel that way

No previous experience but I can tell you that it's my back-up school I've been accepted to and I'll give up my seat (OOS) at the drop of an acceptance from Ohio State :D I get the impression many people feel that way

Are you IS for Ohio State?

Does anybody know if Texas A&M or Kansas over-accepts students?

Does anyone have any news on the OOS VMCVM Waitlist? or know anyone who was on the OOS list and already received a call?

I'm pretty sure Kansas over-accepts. The word is that last year, K-State went through the entire wait list since most people chose cheaper schools or their IS school.

I believe all the schools over accept by a certain amount, depending on IS vs OOS. I was in Kansas's wait from '14 to '16 cycles and never called off. But the dean let me know I was way low on the list.

Anyone IS at Michigan State giving up their spot? Or #1-13 on the waitlist? Hahah

I'm pretty set on UofI but just trying to get an idea if I'll get a call before July!

I want to email them so badly and ask if there has been any IS movement yet, but I know what the answer will be...

I believe all the schools over accept by a certain amount, depending on IS vs OOS. I was in Kansas's wait from '14 to '16 cycles and never called off. But the dean let me know I was way low on the list.

Davis doesn't over-accept; as soon as you decline your spot online, the next person on the waitlist is automatically notified. They're a weird exception, though.

I want to email them so badly and ask if there has been any IS movement yet, but I know what the answer will be...

Haha right! I'm sending you all of the positive acceptance vibes!

Last edited:
Yeah I was on U of I's IS last year, and really high... They closed it immediately after the decision date, and told me at my feedback appt that if it were any other year I would've gotten called off it :/
Did they tell you your approximate position at U of I before they closed the waitlist? I am waitlisted there this year and I am afraid to ask and be annoying haha.

Does anyone have any news on the OOS VMCVM Waitlist? or know anyone who was on the OOS list and already received a call?
Im on the same boat as you, havent heard a thing

Davis doesn't over-accept; as soon as you decline your spot online, the next person on the waitlist is automatically notified. They're a weird exception, though.

Good to know!

Waitlisted at Purdue (my IS) and Illinois (my #1 choice for OOS)! Waiting til April 15th for both of those, I think?
In the mean time I'm accepting an offer from Oklahoma, so anyone on their OOS waitlist please send good vibes for me to get off those waitlists ;)

Waitlisted at UNR, MCW, and UW for the time being. Waiting on two more schools and gripping my one acceptance for dear life. If anyone wants to withdraw their acceptance at any of the aforementioned schools that would be grrrreeeeattttt.
ImageUploadedBySDN1489447641.392238.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
Waitlisted at Kansas State, Midwestern, and University of Illinois. Waiting on a decision from LMU. Send good thoughts pleaseeee :p

Reactions: 3 users
Waitlisted at UNR, MCW, and UW for the time being. Waiting on two more schools and gripping my one acceptance for dear life. If anyone wants to withdraw their acceptance at any of the aforementioned schools that would be grrrreeeeattttt.
View attachment 216167

I'm gripping to my one acceptance too! Waitlisted for Atlantic Veterinary College, but I hear their list moves pretty fast once people start accepting seats elsewhere. Hoping for good news from them at some point.

Did they tell you your approximate position at U of I before they closed the waitlist? I am waitlisted there this year and I am afraid to ask and be annoying haha.
Nope, the only reason they told me even an approximate position was because they weren't using the waitlist at all :/

Nope, the only reason they told me even an approximate position was because they weren't using the waitlist at all :/
Well, I hope we both make it off the waitlist this year!! Fingers crossed!

Just recieved an update. I believe it to be about 80-90% creditable. VMCVM is waiting until after the April Deadline to start pulling people from the OOS waitlist rather than choosing a rolling option.
Im on the same boat as you, havent heard a thing