Waitlist c/o 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The waitlist struggle continues... hopefully one month till we all hear back!:whistle:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 7 users
Just recieved an update. I believe it to be about 80-90% creditable. VMCVM is waiting until after the April Deadline to start pulling people from the OOS waitlist rather than choosing a rolling option.
omg!! thank you for that information!! Its nice to have some type of update.

Just got waitlisted at LMU. That was the last school I was waiting to hear from...now I'm sitting on the waitlist for 2 schools. No acceptances :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got waitlisted at LMU. That was the last school I was waiting to hear from...now I'm sitting on the waitlist for 2 schools. No acceptances :(
I am right there with you!! I am now waitlisted at all 3 of my schools. Hoping and praying we all get called off at the end of this!

What's everyones plans for the summer if you don't get called off the waitlist?

Last edited:
Waitlisted IS in Va. and waitlisted OOS at Midwestern! Hopefully good news sometime during the summer!

I am right there with you!! I am now waitlisted at all 3 of my schools. Hoping and praying we all get called off at the end of this!

What's everyones plans for the summer if you don't get called off the waitlist?
Good luck! I'll probably be calling some of the schools to see how I could better my application and then decide from there, but I'm thinking my options are to keep taking classes, do research or keep getting more experience. Probably will do some combination of those.

Reactions: 2 users
Waitlisted at Oklahoma and LMU. Just had my interview for Ross, so fingers crossed. Good luck to everyone!!

Reactions: 1 user
Just recieved an update. I believe it to be about 80-90% creditable. VMCVM is waiting until after the April Deadline to start pulling people from the OOS waitlist rather than choosing a rolling option.

Sounds reasonable. From reading on here it seems to be pretty common for them to only move the alternate list prior to the deadline if people volunteer to drop off it. Makes sense so they don't have to keep moving things around until they have to. I don't know about the normal OOS list but for the WV contract list they said to not even contact them about our position till April 10th.

Good luck! I'll probably be calling some of the schools to see how I could better my application and then decide from there, but I'm thinking my options are to keep taking classes, do research or keep getting more experience. Probably will do some combination of those.

Probably what I'll be doing. Most likely won't take anymore new classes, just going to retake some old classes that I got C's in.

Probably what I'll be doing. Most likely won't take anymore new classes, just going to retake some old classes that I got C's in.

I might do that with one class, but I only need like 3 more classes to get a psych minor so I was going to ask if that would look good or not. The only thing I'm confused about with retaking classes is that we have to apply again by August/September ish so isn't anything we do next fall not really going to be a part of our next app?

The only thing I'm confused about with retaking classes is that we have to apply again by August/September ish so isn't anything we do next fall not really going to be a part of our next app?

The classes that I want to take are all first year english and math classes that I did like 7-8 years ago so I'll be able to take them online over the summer pretty easily.

That is a good point though and kind of disheartening. Makes it seem like if you want to improve your grades it would take 2 cycles for them to even see it. Some schools may ask for fall transcripts before interviews(Mississippi does for sure) so if you did have to wait till the fall to take it, they still might see the improvement.

The classes that I want to take are all first year english and math classes that I did like 7-8 years ago so I'll be able to take them online over the summer pretty easily.

That is a good point though and kind of disheartening. Makes it seem like if you want to improve your grades it would take 2 cycles for them to even see it. Some schools may ask for fall transcripts before interviews(Mississippi does for sure) so if you did have to wait till the fall to take it, they still might see the improvement.
Hmm, I guess the only class I would want to retake is stats which I could probably do online over the summer. My grades aren't spectacular but I don't think they are so low that they are the thing preventing me from getting in...

If I do the psych minor in the fall, I feel like there's probably somewhere on the app that I can mention that I'm in the process of getting that.

Ill be working as a vet tech at two different practices and shadowing an exotic vet! Working on my vet hours for next cycle because that was my weakest point this time around.

Also I took summer classes last summer and they counted on my application!

Members don't see this ad :)
Ill be working as a vet tech at two different practices and shadowing an exotic vet! Working on my vet hours for next cycle because that was my weakest point this time around.
I had to read this like 5 times because I have ADD and kept getting distracted by your avi :laugh:

Waitlisted at Midwestern and OOS at UGA . Here's to another long month of waiting! Hopefully we will all hear some good news soon!

3 waitlists now. Illinois, Mississippi, and Louisiana. Setting up an interview with Ross so if none of these come through I might have something else to fall back on.

I'm at 4 now- add in Lincoln Memorial. Crazy! :confused:

Is there a trend to how IS vs OOS lists move, or does it depend on the school? I'm waiting on my IS Purdue and my top choice OOS Illinois...I know Illinois probably won't move vet much since they were being so conservative this year after last year but I'm just wondering if I even have a chance on the IS waitlist at Purdue...

Is there a trend to how IS vs OOS lists move, or does it depend on the school? I'm waiting on my IS Purdue and my top choice OOS Illinois...I know Illinois probably won't move vet much since they were being so conservative this year after last year but I'm just wondering if I even have a chance on the IS waitlist at Purdue...

Illinois being conservative this year means the OOS waitlist probably will move :)

wait listed at two schools, the insanity continues :rofl:

Reactions: 2 users
From what I've read, the Purdue IS list moves faster than the OOS because IS students get some of the OOS declined spots. But for most schools OOS moves faster.

Got waitlisted at UF, but was admitted on Monday! So I'll continue on at UF!

Reactions: 17 users
Hmm, I guess the only class I would want to retake is stats which I could probably do online over the summer. My grades aren't spectacular but I don't think they are so low that they are the thing preventing me from getting in...

If I do the psych minor in the fall, I feel like there's probably somewhere on the app that I can mention that I'm in the process of getting that.

The only real reason I'm going to retake anything is because I don't plan on continuing my education after my bachelors, just continue with experience stuff. Seems like a good idea to at least fill the "gap" with retaking some things so it isn't a somewhat negative space (class wise) and so I'm at least showing I improved on it.

That may change though. If I can find a coursework focused animal science type masters program I may decide to do it. I'd like the research experience(and the degree) but I really would rather stay away from a thesis based degree.

The only real reason I'm going to retake anything is because I don't plan on continuing my education after my bachelors, just continue with experience stuff. Seems like a good idea to at least fill the "gap" with retaking some things so it isn't a somewhat negative space (class wise) and so I'm at least showing I improved on it.

That may change though. If I can find a coursework focused animal science type masters program I may decide to do it. I'd like the research experience(and the degree) but I really would rather stay away from a thesis based degree.
I just got an email today from University of Florida about a Veterinary Forensic Sciences graduate program that's all online....I honestly don't even know what veterinary forensic sciences is but I wonder if that would be worth checking out? It said you can get a masters in two years or a graduate certificate in one...

I just got an email today from University of Florida about a Veterinary Forensic Sciences graduate program that's all online....I honestly don't even know what veterinary forensic sciences is but I wonder if that would be worth checking out? It said you can get a masters in two years or a graduate certificate in one...

Website pretty much describes it as crime scene processing with an animal twist. Pretty much for animal control type situations. Interesting option but probably not something I would actually do lol.

Thanks for the heads up though. Always good to have options.

Website pretty much describes it as crime scene processing with an animal twist. Pretty much for animal control type situations. Interesting option but probably not something I would actually do lol.

Thanks for the heads up though. Always good to have options.
Meh, yeah probably not something I would do either haha. But sometimes I feel like it's so hard to figure out what an application committee might look at and say "Wow, that's different. This is a unique applicant." and what would make them say "why the heck did they waste their time doing that?" :laugh:

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys! I have a question. I was waitlisted at two schools and still haven't received my number for either of them. I got a C on a prerequisite class for one of the schools and I have to send the transcript, but I need to speak with the professor about the grade since I believe I didn't get the C. At this point in the application, will this C affect my standing on the waitlist?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Hey cristinaapontecolon! Welcome to the waitlist thread :)
I think it depends on the school, because it seems as if some schools rank their waitlist while some don't. In one of my waitlist emails, it states "your alternate status is contingent upon satisfactory completion of required courses currently in progress with a grade of "C" or better." Sorry, I'm not sure if this helps answer your question! Hopefully, if you believe you didn't get a C, then your professor will change the grade.

figure out what an application committee might look at and say "Wow, that's different. This is a unique applicant." and what would make them say "why the heck did they waste their time doing that?" :laugh:

Don't overthink your gap year. Do something that will help you personally; don't just check off application boxes. Admissions committees see straight through that sort of thing.

Call the schools and set up file reviews and fix what they suggest. But otherwise, take the time to figure what you want to be and do. I was a resident director for a year and it was the best job I ever had. It became my backup plan even and I would love to work with undergrads after vet school. Trust me, gap years can be blessings in disguise.

I just got my masters in this program from UF. I absolutely loved the program! I would check it out for sure!

I just got my masters in this program from UF. I absolutely loved the program! I would check it out for sure!
Did you feel like you learned a lot that you could actually use in vet med? Or was it more specific to jobs in animal control

Did you feel like you learned a lot that you could actually use in vet med? Or was it more specific to jobs in animal control
No I feel like I learned a ton for vet med. I have a strong interest in shelter medicine so it went right along with it.

I've also heard that Purdue accepts WAY more OOS than IS to make sure they fill all of their OOS spots before reaching out to the rest of their IS applicants. I was also waitlisted IS so am hoping to hear good news in April, but I guess we will see. Does anyone have more information about this??

is it recommended to send fall quarter or winter quarter transcripts if you are waitlisted?

is it recommended to send fall quarter or winter quarter transcripts if you are waitlisted?
Shouldn't those have been sent in already? All the schools I applied to required me to send them in around interview time

Shouldn't those have been sent in already? All the schools I applied to required me to send them in around interview time

It depends on the school!! So I would check with the ones you applied to and see what they require!

Depends on the school. Virginia doesn't want any transcripts until you've been accepted and even then it's like a May or June deadline.

Depends on the school. Virginia doesn't want any transcripts until you've been accepted and even then it's like a May or June deadline.
Interesting! LSU, Illinois, Missouri, and Mississippi all wanted them in January. Wish they waited until I was actually accepted to one :yeahright:

Last edited:
Interesting! LSU, Illinois, Missouri, and Mississippi all wanted them in January. Wish they waited until I was actually accepted to one :yeahright:

Yea, it sucks. I ended up getting a D in ochem last semester (retaking it now and doing a lot better) and I'm sure that's why I'm so far down Mississippi's waitlist.

Does anyone know how much the OOS waitlist for michigan state moved last year? Trying to figure out my odds

Tomorrow is the day for Iowa State Waitlist numbers! I heard a few people at the top of the list get acceptance calls tomorrow if they have open spots... I can't believe it's already April and I'm going to have all the information to make a decision tomorrow! Then I have no excuse to put my decision off any longer :smack: Eeeekk

Waitlisted at Kansas (OOS) and Missouri in- state. My Missouri spot is #16. Only panicking a lot. I have no idea how Missouri's waitlist works but #16 doesn't seem good.

Last edited:
The wait is almost over for some of us!:soexcited: Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 4 users