Waitlist @ DMU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jdikis

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been invited for an interview at DMU next week, but it is for the alternate list. Does anybody know how likely it is that people get in from the waitlist? Do they ever take more than the quoted 45 class size if there are numerous people on the waitlist?

Members don't see this ad.

I have been invited for an interview at DMU next week, but it is for the alternate list. Does anybody know how likely it is that people get in from the waitlist? Do they ever take more than the quoted 45 class size if there are numerous people on the waitlist?

If you are at the top of the waitlist you have a pretty good chance of getting a seat. Last year the actual number of students that started in the fall was 62. With the attrition rate the number in that class should eventually be closer to the 45 seats. I would suggest you still interview and hope for the best, then you won't be left wondering what if later on.

I know of some people in my class that got in off of the wait list. As far as how big the list is right now I do not know but I think it would be worth a shot to interview and hope for the best.

Members don't see this ad :)
Definitely go to the interview. I interviewed last year after they had already waitlisted people and got an outright acceptance, they save a few spots for people they like, exceptional students, etc. Although after talking to Meghan Good a few days ago, she said that the class is "officially full." But honestly, that doesn't mean anything per my example. And yes, discusdan is right, there are people in our class that got in after they were waitlisted, if you're top 7 I'd say you have a pretty good shot. Good luck.

If you are at the top of the waitlist you have a pretty good chance of getting a seat. Last year the actual number of students that started in the fall was 62. With the attrition rate the number in that class should eventually be closer to the 45 seats. I would suggest you still interview and hope for the best, then you won't be left wondering what if later on.

Is this true? Because our class right now is sitting at 57, we lost 10 and and gained 5.

We gained 5 from the 2009 class. From people failing a class and not passing the reeval offered or medical leaves or whatever the other reasons people have. Those people aren't factored into the admittance for that year though.

Thanks for the advice. I am from Des Moines, so it will not be a problem travel-wise to attend the interview (no extra cost), so I will definitely be attending the interview and hoping for the best. Meghan also said that they may offer acceptance for the 2012 class if nothing opens up from the waitlist this year. So, I guess the worst that could happen would be that I have to wait a year (assuming I get in). Thanks again.

If you're already in the area I definitely say do the interview and if you're stats are good enough (like densmore, he's so cute....and smart) then you can get in. I don't know the stats but I'm sure someone could find out for you. I'm assuming it's like DO classes in that they have intricate formulas in regards to acceptances. Some people will put in seat deposits and then decide to go somewhere else, if you want to go to DMU then it doesn't hurt to interview, if you come back next year too, then they will know you're serious also (it's not like if you don't get in then they rejected you).