1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Waitlist info?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Shammy, Nov 9, 2001.

1. Shammy

Shammy Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

alright, so i just got put on a waitlist....can anyone explain to me how these things work.....can i get pulled off earlier than May 15th?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. SnudgeMuffin

SnudgeMuffin Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

As far as I know, if the school is on a rolling admissions basis, they will meet every month to go over everybody's files including the ones wait-listed unless you are flat-out rejected. So basically, your file will be reviewed everytime they meet until you get an acceptance. Bottom line: You might get off the waitlist way before May.

Good Luck!!!

4. Maple

7+ Year Member

Ok..so where on earth are the admins? I think this is the kind of post that ought to be pulled. So it doesn't have bad language (I think?...what's a mook?), but its still very offensive.

Lilycat...do your thing please! :)

5. USeF

USeF sunny L.A.
    10+ Year Member

someone send this student over to the TPR boards!

6. Resident Alien

7+ Year Member

Student33333: you are pitiful, to say the least. Go drown yourself in a glass of water.

7. Jamier2

Jamier2 SDN Hillbilly Moderator
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

First, we administrators can't possibly read this forum 24/7. I have contacted the poster about the offensive post.

Also, just a note, Lilycat is moderator of the Lounge. Cobragirl and I are the moderators of the Pre-Allopathic (MD) forum. While you are welcome to contact any administrator about offensive posts or behavior, offenses in the Pre-Allo forum should be first brought to the attention of either Cobragirl or myself.

Also, since we cannot always get to read each individual thread, please contact any of us (via email or private message) in case we don't see notice it ourselves.

Thanks.

8. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member

Thanks, jamier2. :) I couldn't believe what I was reading! :eek: USeF the Bull, I agree, exile to TPR is definitely in order. :D

9. Student33333

Student33333 Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Listen :) , you guys need to relax :eek: a little :mad: . For those of us that are not posting on the board 24/7, we know of little something called humor and sarcasm. Even if you didnt find my post humorous or sarcastic (which I did), I am shocked that you actually took it seriously. Just because you post more than me doesnt mean that you should talk down to me. Do you think you are better than me? I do not appreciate any replies that are not from the original poster. If he/she did not take offense to it, maybe he/she took it like the post was intended. I am sorry for the inconvenience, grief, sadness, sorrow, anger, hatred, discontent, heartache, anguish, pain, misery, distress, gloom, or dispair that this post may have caused you.

:confused: :eek: :mad: :rolleyes: :cool:

Hope this Helps!!??!!

10. lilninja

lilninja Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I think most people knew you were joking but maybe were a little shocked at the harshness of it. My first thought was that you actually knew the original poster, because it would be a bit weird to unleash a long, sarcastic comment like that on a stranger. The context of posting online is often lost, most people joke with quips of witty humor that are followed with some kind of acknowledgement that they are joking. In real life, this is not necessary, but you kind of have to choose your words when you are online.
    Just a thought.
    -ln