Waitlist Movement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coldchemist

Biowulf
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if any MD/PhD waitlists have begun moving?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think so. I think they will all wait until after revisits. I'm just waiting for everyone who is in at U Mich who isn't going to go withdraw so I can hopefully get an offer.

Anybody know anything about movement of Cornell waitlist?
Any input will be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am personally in the dark.
I spoke to a Cornell 3rd year who got in off the waiting list, and she told me that you get a phone call. Good luck to all!!!

Anybody know anything about movement of Cornell waitlist?

considering the possible size of the incoming class - i don't think there will be much (or any) waitlist movement this year. pretty sure, but not 100% sure.

Habari said:
considering the possible size of the incoming class - i don't think there will be much (or any) waitlist movement this year. pretty sure, but not 100% sure.

I'm guessing you know this because of the large number of students at the revisit who were coming? Or because you know the number of students accepted and you know the number of places in the class? Or both? :)

I'm guessing you know this because of the large number of students at the revisit who were coming? Or because you know the number of students accepted and you know the number of places in the class? Or both?

lil bit of column A, lil bit of column B. they don't really have a fixed number of slots, but after they hit a certain point, they don't go to the waitlist. that point has probably been hit ...

don't mean to take away hope or anything, just what i know - i'll pm you with specifics.

Habari said:
lil bit of column A, lil bit of column B. they don't really have a fixed number of slots, but after they hit a certain point, they don't go to the waitlist. that point has probably been hit ...

don't mean to take away hope or anything, just what i know - i'll pm you with specifics.

Hey Habari- you are just talking about MD/PHD right? Do you know anything about the size/chances of movement/etc. of the MD waitlist for WMC?

yeah- only speaking about md/phd. have no idea about the med school class - though as with all years, i'm sure there will be some movement post may15th.

what about penn's waitlist (mstp)? did anyone hear anything?

khmerwhat said:
what about penn's waitlist (mstp)? did anyone hear anything?

Dunno yet. It depends where you are on the waitlist too. Top of tier 1? Those guys are going to get the nod first. Some of them are even coming to Penn preview this week. Regular tier 1? It's possible... Depends how many we take off the waitlist this year. Tier 2? Forget about it.

We're taking ~20 this year. We've got 17 coming to Penn Preview, most have been accepted. They usually accept ~20 in their first batch. So... It all depends on how many coming to Penn Preview (or even not) decide to come and then how far they go through the top of tier 1 people.

Any idea on how much the einstein mstp waitlist moves, and how many are on it?

Thanks!

Just out of curiosity, Neuronix...how would one know his/her placement on the Penn (MSTP) Tier 1 waitlist (ie top tier 1/regular tier 1)...will they verbally tell you? are there other clues?
Thanks for the help!

Members don't see this ad :)
Trashino said:
Any idea on how much the einstein mstp waitlist moves, and how many are on it?

Thanks!

i don't know, but i may have just opened a space for you.

ekculy said:
Just out of curiosity, Neuronix...how would one know his/her placement on the Penn (MSTP) Tier 1 waitlist (ie top tier 1/regular tier 1)...will they verbally tell you? are there other clues?
Thanks for the help!

It will definately say on your waitlist letter and I think it also says on the status page. If you are top of tier 1, they make it clear. I forget what they say, but it should be clear. On the website if I remember correctly it will actually say "Top of Tier 1". If there's nothing to this effect on the website or your letter, you are regular tier 1.

Anyone know when Mount Sinai's Waitlist moves?

Anybody know the amount of time given to make a decision after receiving a post-May 15th offer off of the waitlist? Is it unreasonable to need a few days to make a final decision? :confused:

neurotiger said:
Anybody know the amount of time given to make a decision after receiving a post-May 15th offer off of the waitlist? Is it unreasonable to need a few days to make a final decision? :confused:

it is reasonable, but there will be considerable pressure to make the decision on-the-spot/after a day or two. chances are that you have some idea of what offers could arise post may-15, consider how you would respond if they arise [programs operate under the presmise that you should have already have thought abotu this, and should require less time to think about the offer - also, they have other people waiting]. gluck

neurotiger said:

AMCAS says http://www.aamc.org/students/applying/policies/recommendations.htm:
"Prior to May 15 of the year of matriculation, an applicant should be given at least two weeks to reply to an offer of admission. After May 15, schools may require applicants to respond to acceptance offers in less than two weeks. An applicant may be required to file a statement of intent, a deposit, or both. The statement of intent should provide freedom to withdraw if the applicant is later accepted by a school that he or she prefers. Under no circumstances should an applicant be asked to withdraw from waiting lists as a condition of accepting a place."

As Habari says, there will be significant pressure on you to decide quickly. Some schools will only offer you the position after you've told them you want to come so they don't have to wait for your decision. If you wait too long, your spot may go to someone else. Fun huh?

Kashue said:
Anyone know when Mount Sinai's Waitlist moves?

I emailed the admissions office, and they said that the waitlist has not begun to move and that there is no set date for it to move. :scared:

Guess we just have to keep waiting...

Does anybody know if the Einstein's wait list is moving?
If it is, how are the typical movements in the wait list from the past years and when does it stop moving (I'm guessing that the movement ends by mid-June since the summer histology class starts in July?)?
I'm soo anxious to hear from them.... :scared:

Smithjay2k said:
I emailed the admissions office, and they said that the waitlist has not begun to move and that there is no set date for it to move. :scared:

Guess we just have to keep waiting...

I just got an email from Dr. Logothethis, the MSSM MSTP director. According to him, all the MSTP spots have been filled, so there won't be any more waitlist movement.